1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP new project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by madeg, Dec 15, 2009.

1. madeg Active Member

A few years ago I was surprised when I saw the french movie le pacte des loups .Distributed outside France as Brotherhood of the Wolve .
    The film is loosely based on a real-life series of killings that took place in France in the 18th century and on the famous legend around the Beast of Gévaudan. Parts of the movie were filmed at Château de Roquetaillade.

Being a historical drama film, it has anachronistic martial arts fight sequences; it also contains elements of erotica, mystery, horror, politics, romance, and fantasy.

This $29 million-budgeted film was an international box office success, grossing over $70 million in worldwide theatrical release. In the United States of America, this film also enjoyed commercial success; Universal Pictures paid $2 million to acquire the film's United States distribution rights and this film went on grossing $10.9 million in limited theatrical release in the United States, making it the second-highest-grossing French-language film in the United States in the last two decades (this film also did brisk video and DVD sales in the United States).
    After the scary opening sequence we meet 2 head characters driving through a rocky desolated scenery . Watching the dvd for a few times,this scene was the idea for
    this vignette.
    The clotings and the atmospere in this scene are
    typically for the rest of the movie ;
    As usual the heads are from the hornet range . The hands are from airfix multipose figures .
    The body is shaped with grey milliput .
    The clothes are made of a mixture duro and milliput .
    The cross is a spare part from unicorn models and the Christ figure is from the historex range .
    The horse is also from the historex range . All the equipment is scratch build using reference pictures from the movie .
    Around the cross I still have to ad a hedera ( climbing plant).
    Everything is primed and ready to paint .
    To be continued .

Attached Files:

yeo_64 and gordy like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    this is awesome, and i like to see more.

Marc
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Marc:

Thanks for sharing the WIP on your latest project. It is a very interesting
    subject and you're doing a fine job on it. I am eager to follow this project.

Kansas Kid (wall, I was a kid in 1950!!!!) ;););)
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello,

interesting subject.
    I will follow(y)
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... interesting and mysterious ! will follow this too !

FYI, seems according to modern theories that the mysterious beast of Gévaudan may actually have been a Spotted Hyena - guess such beasts were kept in 18th century ménageries and such.
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very interesting and nicely done, will follow.

Cheers Ken
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic idea and sculpting Marc, will look great when painted.

Cheers David
  8. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    Very nice! Can't wait to see the end result!
  9. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Marc,
    thanks to give life to this film (one of my favorite (y))
    At this time "le mystère de la bête du Gévaudan" is a great enigm of our past history.
    This film is not the reality but that's good enough, kung-fu fights are great ;):D
    I'll follow your work closely ... Great idea by the way (y)

Seb.