1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New miniature sculpting forum

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Vermis, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Vermis Member

United-Kingdom
    I've felt the restrictions of a few different miniature and gaming forums lately, regarding the art of sculpting. Small or inactive modelling sections; an unwillingness to give constructive criticism (or too willing to give unconstructive criticism); bias on commercially-driven sites and from their fans, to name a few. Because of this I decided to set up a miniature sculpting forum:

www.minisculpture.co.uk

I'm not setting myself up as an expert (far from it), or expecting the site to dominate the field; just creating a venue for all kinds of mini sculpting. I'm not trying to steal members away from planetFigure either. :) I admit I'm more into science-fiction and fantasy miniatures, but I'd be a fool not to acknowledge the skill in the sculpting board here. If any members would like to join minisculpture and post a few photos now and then, I'd consider it a privilege, and it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Vermis
  2. mcsneed17 Member

I hope you can help me!
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Go for it fella! It'll either work or it wont......Don't matter really!

I'm not a huge fan of 28mm, but a mate of mine is 'Fenris Games'

Cheers,
    Jon.
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Warren,
    Good luck on the venture and don't forget to post us some of your sculpts also.
    Cheers
    John
  5. Vermis Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks!

Mcsneed: um, I'll see what I can do!

Thanks. I think. :D

Sorry if I gave the impression it was just for 28mm. That'd limit it too much, IMO!
    I'm not trying to create some sort of miniaturist Mecca and heal all percieved rifts between all kinds of mini fans - sounds like a lot of work, for one thing - but I don't want to turn anyone away with the idea that it's just for 28mm space marines, or that anything else won't be appreciated. :) The sculpture's the main thing.
    As it is, if anyone fancies taking a look and posting work, the (arbitrary) scale range is anything up to about 1/16 or so. And there are extra boards for everything else. ;)

Thanks,
    Warren B.