1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Hotel Bravo, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Hotel Bravo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi folks

I’ve been following PF for a few years now and it’s my first point of call for the latest info and inspiration. I’ve been modelling since my early teens having started with the usual Airfix kits, but my real boat-floaters these days are the wealth of absolutely amazing figurines that are available these days.... As like many of us, my bank account just can’t keep up, but I try my best....much to the wife’s consternation at times!

Having retired a couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s, but rather than give up, I’ve sort of thrown myself into my figure painting and have found that I can still do it reasonably well....I think(?).

My main interests are First World War and Crimea, though I am also a complete sucker for a good Napoleonic! I pulled a few The Fusilier figures from my stash a while ago and they are what I’m concentrating on at the moment, though I’ve also pretty much finished a 90mm Pegaso Samurai recently.....Basically, if I like it I’ll give it a go! Trouble is these days there’s a lot to like and I’ve recently acquired a Mitches MM “Charge of the Light Brigade”:.....oh my, there a lot to do....!

Well that’s me for now folks. It’s great to be aboard and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot as time goes by.

In the meantime, take care and be safe.

Kev
    Babelfish, oldtrousers, NeilW and 6 others like this.
  2. Ned Ricks Active Member

United-States
    Welcome, Kev.
    There are lots of talented and experienced painters / modelers here, as I have been glad to discover.

Enjoy!
    Ned
    Hotel Bravo likes this.
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Welcome Kev!
    Sounds like you’re a bit of a veteran despite not a regular poster. Good on ya for taking the plunge.
    I’m a WW1 guy myself. Would love to see what Fusilier figures you’ve got on the go.
    Got a couple planned on my workbench soon too. Do share.
    MikeTheKiwi
    Hotel Bravo and DaddyO like this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Kev - great to see that you've taken the plunge and become a member. :)
    It was (and still is) a great source of inspiration when I was teetering on the brink of doing an occasional figure again a few years ago :rolleyes:
    Lot's of support and help and it's always good to see the work of other members being posted so please do add some images when you get the chance.

Stay safe
    Paul
    Hotel Bravo likes this.
  5. Hotel Bravo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I’ve never tried photographing any of my stuff before, but I’ll give it a go. If I can get a few together, am I best posting here or elsewhere on the site. I really appreciate any advice.

Thanks again.
    Kev
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.
  6. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Good to see you Kev. This is the place for inspiration, advice and general information on the hobby, as you will find out as time goes by.

Phil
    Nap and Hotel Bravo like this.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Kev.
    Steve
    Hotel Bravo likes this.
  8. Hotel Bravo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I’ve just done a few photos of some of my WIPs. Would appreciate your view. I’ve still got finishing touches to do on all of them, inc. ground work. But I’m here to learn.

Thanks again folks

Kev

C5314F06-83E6-4C6F-8E91-C525603EBC80.jpeg 5CB68C5A-142A-41D8-B826-02E42D2A7E22.jpeg E3983E74-C580-4374-BA2E-2B38490FB53C.jpeg
    Babelfish, oldtrousers, NeilW and 4 others like this.
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Kev! I hope you find it therapeutic in many ways, and of the ones you've posted so far, your samurai musketeer is my favorite. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap and Hotel Bravo like this.
  10. Hotel Bravo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Brad, I’ve had the samurai for a few years and was always too scared to give it a go! Glad I did in the end, though I must do the ground work soon and give him a few finishing touches.

Thanks again
    Stay safe
    Kev
    Nap likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Kev

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF from me

Great to have you with us

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

Thanks for showing your work ( we have V Bench for WIP's as well https://www.planetfigure.com/forums/vbench-works-in-progress.35/ )

I like the WW1 pieces ( Fusilier or Metal Modelles figures ? ....I only paint busts myself ...saves paint ...LOL )

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run competitions as well )

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator )
  12. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Welcome, good models..
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  14. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Merry Christmas and welcome to the site
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom