1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New member introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by CJK, Nov 9, 2011.

1. CJK Member

United-States
    Hello. I joined this community in the hope of improving my painting skills. I consider myself an average painter interested in figure busts. Nothing would satisfy me more than rendering realistic faces, flesh tones and clothing using acrylic paint.
    waynemu likes this.
  2. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris = we almost share the same user name !! so welcome aboard :lol:
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thought you were a bit late with the intro Chris K MKI.;)

Chris K MKII, very pleased to meet you.
    Carl.(y)
  4. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Trust you you Carl ! - Chris K mark 1 would maybe be easier if i could revert to my old account under the name of Kirky, however this said it could be good to have a twin on here.......................que evil laughter - Chris - K mark 2 really welcome aboard just tell me that your surname isnt Kirkpatrick or I will be very wierded out !! loooking forward to seeing your stuff and correspondingo_O

Dear Gordy or Tommi or other moderators is there anyway of me merging my Chris K acct with old account of Kirky and going back under that name to let this good chap use the Chris K mantle Alone ? or do we just stick with it and if we ever meet duel to death with sabres or gurkha kukris (only kidding)
  5. CJK Member

United-States
    If my username confuses things, I would be willing to offer to change my username, pending approval by the moderator.
  6. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chris , It might be easier, especially(y) for pms etc - but its up to you reallly mate - no pressure

besr rgds

Chris K mk 1
  7. CJK Member

United-States
    OK.
    Moderator, which is easier: deleting my 3 day old/4 postings account and starting over or changing my username to my account?
  8. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Removed due to lack of thought.
  9. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    whys that Grant got a problem ?

or as in the slim shady context ala eminem - really could give much of a f£ck about this just want to avoid confusion in the future, as I am sure my erstwile namesake does
  10. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Other Chris It may be simpler if you change your name to Chris

or I can either way lets decide ------- dont let it affect your fun on the forum ignore gellso he is bored and would not attract a twin
  11. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm not sure what you mean by this?
    Sincerest apologies if I have offended anyone.
    Anyone who knows me in this forum will tell you I am not one who takes things too seriously.
    This wasn't meant to be a personal dig at anyone let alone anyone called Chris K.

It was a generalised attempt at humour which has obviously gone down the wrong way.

I will delete the post henceforth and again offer my most humble apologies.
    Chris K likes this.
  12. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Grant - actually it makes two of us woth odd senses of generalised humour - so you shouldnt have deleleted = was just cracking on with you - the trouble with E media is that sometimes jokes . other emotions can be misconstrued - cos you dont see a face a or hear a voice , in this case I knew you were joking -- I thought you would realise i was too, so no need for apologies - we understand each other which can only be for the better, am an ex NCO so it takes a wee bit to flick myswitch

I just hope our new planeteer is not too put off by our warped ways

best regards Grant and in the unlikely event that I hurt your feelngs sincerest apologies (y) anyway heres to not being strangers anymore - when you see me post use the humour please do not change

all the best

Chris(standing up_
  13. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No worries.
  14. CJK Member

United-States
    OK, a fresh start... My username has been changed to"CJK" from "ChrisK", which should remove confusion arising from too related usernames. Happy that issue was resolved so easily. Now, onto learning tips and techniques related to figure painting. The community seems be genial and generous in providing constructive advice. I hope to improve my skills from reading the forums.
    Chris K likes this.
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Welcome Chris, glad to have you aboard.
  16. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Dear Chris - CJK , thank you for doing this , you did not have to,and i appreciate it very much - sorry about the hassle

although weirdly enough my initials are are also CJK !!!! -- no panic tho just something else in common , good luck , all the best and looking forward to seeing your products and learning fron you / sharing techniqiues.

all the best chris
  17. CJK Member

United-States
    No problem.