1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Marshalls

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by marcellin de marbot, Jul 21, 2007.

1. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi to all,
    Here a new set of my Marshalls, I think the last for this moment
    The first Jean Lannes, one of the three Marshalls died in battle (Bessières and Poniatowski the others). Honest, corageous and well estimated by Napoleon. Here he has a red coat, instead of the classic blue, to remember his charge on 1807 of Colonel General of the Swiss troops included in the French Army
    [IMG]

Second, my version of Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte. This rare uniform of Republican style is reprised from a portrait executed in 1807, already in the Imperial period, out of spite to Napoleon, cordially hated. Bernadotte would represent his love for Republican period and democracy, because he did not want an Emperor and his power. Owing to his contrast with Napoleon, when the Kingdom of Sweden, allied with France after some years of wars, asked to Napoleon for an heir for his old King Charles XIII, after the death of the crown Prince, Napoleon was very happy to send away Bernadotte. But he became King, with the name of Charles XIV, and betrayed his Country, entering in war during the campaign of 1813 with the Coalison against Napoleon and France.
    [IMG]

The third Laurent Gouvion Saint Cyr
    Represented here with the uniform of Colonel General of the Cuirassiers, personally studied for him to wear during the ceremony of the "Sacre", when Napoleon self proclaimed Emperor. Talented artist, painter, student of the Roman Empire and fine arts, and also actor of theatre, he began the military career as drawer of maps for the French Army.
    [IMG]

The last Jean Baptiste Jourdan. He has the classic ceremony coat of Marshall, with gold embroideries in oak leaves. Well distinguished general during the first campaigns after the Revolution and in the Consulate (Italy 1797 and 1800), he was one of first Marshalls created on May, the 19 of 1804.
    [IMG]

I hope these would be interesting for someone, to create some fine Napoleonic figures.
    Best regards to all
    Marcello
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Marcello. I have saved the photos and text for reference. Many many thanks for your time and efforts. Much appreciated.
  3. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Thanks Guy, but it seems my drawings are gone out of fashion and are not so interesting for the planeters.
    All the best
    Marcello
  4. Skiper New Member

Thanks for the new plates Marcello. Great job as the previous ones. And eb sure that many are interested on them, just not many people use to talk in forums.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Marcello,
    Are you gonna put your plates on a book, maybe it's an idea.

Marc
  6. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Thanks guys,
    Marc, these drawings were already published in the Italian magazine "Soldatini" (Figures), with all the biographies of the 26 Marshalls. So, perhaps anyone can think it's useless to edit again all the work.
    Best regards
    Marcello
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well since I missed them in Soldatini :(, thank you so much for posting them here, the plates are fantastic and the text is very useful! I'm not much into the 1st Empire period, so I don't have much in the way of refernces, so I always look forward to your plates
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sorry Marcello,
    But here in the Netherlands it is impossible to buy a metal figure, not to speak about the magazine's.
    Glad that you posted here.

marc
  9. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi Marc,
    I can solve your problem, i'm going to write you an email
    All the best
    Marcello
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Marcello,
    Thanks for the drawings. I have added to my others.
    Cheers
    John
  11. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi John,
    Thanks so much, if you want something more for your library, look at my other thread "Gen.Lasalle and Joachim Murat", always in Painting section. Another my drawing with some interesting details of Lasalle and Murat.
    Congrats for your chef d'escadron of 12th Chasseurs by Pegaso. It's very strange nobody thought paint him as officer of hussars, a change possible with a few things, but what a variety of paintings and colours!
    Best regards
    Marcello
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    More great paintings Marcello.

Roger
  13. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hi Roger,
    Many thanks
    M
  14. MazingerZ New Member

Spain
    Hola Marcelo.
    Muchas Gracias por los nuevos dibujos; fantásticos como siempre.

Josema
  15. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Hola Josema,
    Me alegro que te gustan y ademas si te pueden ayudar para las figuras. Mira tambien l'otro mensaje con Lasalle y Murat, puede ser un buen documento para hacer los dos tios
    Hasta luego
    Marcello
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marcello, again thank you, you have enriched my reference library.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous drawings.

Ciao
    Roc
  17. marcellin de marbot New Member

Italy
    Thanks Roc,
    After the holidays, it's possible I'll put the remaining Marshalls (in total are 26), a little for each time. But I wish also post something dedicated to modelers, as to obtain a new figure, starting from a piece of production, and making an easy conversion, always explicated with the help of my drawings.
    All the best
    Marcello
  18. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marcello, that sounds fantastic, will be looking forward to it.

Ciao
    Roc