1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

new M-Model Winged Hussar

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by dario966, Jun 2, 2006.

1. dario966 New Member

Czolem (the old Polish nobility/military form of greeting)
    I just saw this figure of standing Winged Hussar on the M-Model page
    It seems to be a 54mm of pure fun :)
    albeit the boxart leaves something to be desired, also the way his Karwasze - armguards - are portayed so the model may need to be examined closely for some minute corrections once one has the figure in one's hands

http://www.m-model.pl/17wiek/32108.jpg
    enjoy
  2. nberrington Member

Canada
    The Elite version is just so good, and no correction needed .....
  3. dario966 New Member

well, not true my firend, not true..
    It was my opinion and I still hold it that the Elite version is actually very weak, historically, and pretty much unwinghussar like.
    While it is correct that the Young's artistry is much higher and his skill is of a different, master, level, than the M-Model sculptor ( based on the picture as I have not seen this figure in real life while I have seen Elite hussar).
    But this seemingly supperior position ends there. Because historically speaking the M-Model figure is a much, much better attempt at portraying the late 17 cent Polish winged hussar commarade - add 2 horses and another M-Model Polish Winged Hussar or pancerni and we have a diorama.
    The karwasze are not wrong, just twisted somehow oddly in relation to his hand placement - i am sure that can be corrected.
    What I like here is the open ended approach the M-Model sculptor has taken - simply here you can add stuff, eg add a typical Polish Sarmatian hairdo or sculp a linxfur hat, or you can make and then place on his head the arming cap that have been worn undeneath the helmet .
    For example in the ELite version the guy is wearing some idiotic quasi-Polish headgear with nonsensical feather adornment - anyway, the shortcommings of the Elite figure were discussed ad nauseam earlier on this forum. Seek it if you like.
    My intent is to signal this figure from M-Model to all of us how like this period and the Polish winged hussars, and based on the price and level of acuaracy ratio this figure is quite a bargain, i think.
    At the same time I do care nothing about the Elite's supposedly Polish Winged Hussar, but this is a free world and we can still have preferences (until the goverment takes them awa), I am still certain of that :)
    dario