1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Life Size Head

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MinasTirithGuard, Oct 11, 2006.

1. MinasTirithGuard New Member

Here's a piece I've been working on for the past week. She still needs ears, and I'm fixing up the hair but a majority of it is shaped out. I used Chavant NSP Medium clay.

I wanted to be able to do an SBS for this one but unfortunately I have to finish two more of these heads by the end of the month so I can apply for an arts scholarship. However, I am able to work much faster now, and hopefully after I clear away some requirements I can fully photogaph the process.

Any comments/crits are welcome, thanks for looking.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Radek Active Member

Poland
    Hi Ethan
    Great sculpture, very realistic. The previous one I saw on your V bench is also fantastic.
    I also want to work with Chavant clay and I have already ordered some (actually Autostyle Light).
    Radek
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful sculpture, I admire your talent.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ethan,
    beautifully sculpted! I think you deserve the scholarship!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Ethan ,
    Wonderful sculpture ...really lifelike, good luck in the scholarship , keep us all posted how about some more pics of your other work. Not sure if I'd fancy painting anything this big but all I can say is you are talented , if you get to work with an actual company then 200 MM BUSTS ARE MY FAVOURITE ...HINT .

Regards to you Kev
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ethan, You are quite a talented young man and I wish you well in getting that scholarship that you're very deserving. While your busts have a life of their own certain aspects like the hair for example are kept loose, and it all works. Keep us posted on how all of this goes for you.~Gary
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Hello Rodin
    Are you going to paint it?
  8. Kyle Member

United-States
    Ethan,

Your natural gifts as an artist really shine through on this piece. This is truly excellent work, and I hope you get that much-deserved scholarship!

Thanks for creating the figures that keep us painters busy!

Cheers,

Kyle ;)