1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Jon Smith at Michigan Toy Soldier

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Paintermichtoy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Paintermichtoy Member

United-States
    We have finally received the new releases from Jon Smith Modellbau and they are really great. Super clean castings and my favorite period to boot! Of special note is the new Gaede helmet and head set - we just got back from the Show of Shows in Louisville (the worlds largest Militaria show) and there was an original complete Gaede helmet on display! I have only seen one other example in the Bavarian Army Museum and even period photos are rare. Most surviving examples have been dug up and are missing all of the leather of course. Very cool to be able to handle and study the first German helmet.
    The new Saxon Stormtrooper is 54mm, the accessories are 120mm and the pilot is 1/48th scale. I hope Jon creates a 120mm Poilu someday.

Dave

www.michtoy.com

Attached Files:

gordy, napoleonpeart and gforceman like this.
  2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow!

Is that really Jonnny Smith's sculpting in 1/48th? If so I'm blown away! That's a whole other level! If I didn't know I'd swear that was the work of Tom Sollers or Mike Good!

Although I'd prefer your range to stay in the 1/16th-1/15th range, if that's how you can sculpt in the 48th range then that's your natural calling!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    More excellent stuff from Mr Smith.
    Carl.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Although, of course there are certain figures and accessories that Jon has done that I prefer over others, I've never seen him turn out anything other than sterling. His castings are always meticulous and I've never gotten one that had any flaws.

I think I'm going to have to buy that cluster grenade. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  5. dioman135 Member

United-States
    Dave Great Article

Dave,

Very cool article. I look forward to seeing some finished figures.

Chip R.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like Jon Smith WW 1 figures.
    Sculpting and casting are excellent.

marc