1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

NEW(ISH) FROM S2K

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Marc Day, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,

This figure: S2KW5413 17th Lancer Sevastopol 1854 was released a few months ago,but may be new to many of you.

It was originally sculpted for Wolf, but until now had remained unreleased.

Available from www.sovereign2000.uk.com or www.historexagents.com

This example was painted by Paul Blaber

image.jpeg SWKW5413 A.JPG S2KW5413 C.JPG S2KW5413 D.JPG
    Reptor, Nap, Huw63 and 1 other person like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Nice Paint job Paul.
    I cant quite make out the pose, but that's maybe me.
    Mick
    Redcap likes this.
  3. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mick

As you know, most of these things are based onsome kind of art work, usually a colour plate in some book or other. The figure was commissioned well before I bought Wolf, so I wasn't in on any of that.
    Before Paul painted this for the box art, I'd assembled one for display and, like you I was a little concearned about the pose, but the head is separate and when positined at a slightly different angle, the pose makes much more sense. Something I should have mentioned to Paul before he painted it. Also wouldn't have hurt if I'd mentioned in the post that the figure is in resin and comes in several parts, so although not exactly multipose, it is easy enough to reposition things a little.

Marc.
    mick3272 likes this.
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Yes I agree about the art work it remind me a little of the Hussar in the painting Aftermath of the charge of the Light Brigade. but its not quite there. But as you say scope for adjustments.
    all the best
    Mick
  5. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great job! Beautiful paint! Thank for the news ! (y)