1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Here and into the Hobby from Belgium

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Aapje1, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Aapje1 New Member

Hello all you creative spirits,

I am a 35 years old social worker form Belgium. During one of the Covid-19 lockdowns i searched for a new hobby to stay busy. I stumbled upon a website about miniature painting and i tought, i give it a go.
    I really love it, because it is a way to express my creative side and it is a very relaxing hobby.
    Here are some of my first works:
    [IMG]

Afterwards I buyed myself the Legend Of Drizzt Board Game to have a lot of Mini's to practice on:

[IMG][IMG]

Now i'm working on my second project, The Walking Dead, all out War. I nearly completed the core set:

[IMG]

Any pointers are welcome! I am also looking forward to a next project. For me it is less about the game, more about the painting.

Attached Files:

1969 and oldtrousers like this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Egon

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF from me and also to the hobby

Great to have you with us after a bit of stumbling ....share the PF word !!!

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's as well https://www.planetfigure.com/forums/vbench-works-in-progress.35/ ) , and also a Completed part

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing more of your figures these look good to me ( No legs for me I only paint busts..lol )

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    aapje.gif

Welkom
    Henkm and Nap like this.
  4. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Welcome to Planet Figure, look forward to seeing more of your figures
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom