1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New , help needed with what to do with a deceased persons figures

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Swansea, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Swansea New Member

Hi I wonder if anybody can help me? I have just had a clear out of some storage of mine and have come to the point where I have to deal with a modellers figures. I have boxes full of figures and medals and certificates. I know the female modeller travelled around the world for competitions etc. Are these models worth anything? I also have books of photos of different models that I think she would of painted. The firsts and seconds etc are from competitions with the British model society, plus lots of other competitions. Im at a loss at what to do with all the stuff.

many thanks.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Alan

Sorry to see your first post with sad news all our thoughts are with the modellers family

This is a thing that happens often when a person passes which often results in items being thrown as those trying to help can't find new homes

You mention the BMSS ..have you tried them ?

You could list on a selling site like eBay but you will incur costs .....for listing and for a sale unless they have a promotion on

The medals and certificates are worth little if anything .....of value to the family perhaps

Perhaps some pictures might help

Needless to say the actual reality value will be very much less than people might think

This subject raises its sad head thankfully not often

Feel free to message me or post on my profile

Hope this helps in some way

Nap ( Moderator )
    DaddyO likes this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've sent you a Private conversation.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  4. Swansea New Member

Thank you nap for your help. I will go though all the models then Think what to do. Unfortunately some of her relives want to just throw all the figure into the land fill! but they are to beautiful to do that . If it means keeping them all myself or trying to donate them so be it.
    OldTaff, polyphemus and Nap like this.
  5. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    That would be criminal. You might also try putting them on the Markets and Commissions forum here, although you may need Nap to allow access.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    I agree

If Alan wants to email me the pictures with all details then I am happy to help out ......I am assuming any monies will go to widow

Nap
  7. Banjer A Fixture

England
    I suggest you read the first post again Nap. I suspect this is a storage facility owner clearing effects not a modellers family re- homing treasured momentos.

Perhaps the OP can clarify.

Bill
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Thank you Bill you could have a point there ..will wait to see if he replies to comments

Nap
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Would like to see the photos
    In wich country area are you living ?
    In England you could propose to somebody like Gwenpol or to Vectis ( they make auction sales of figurines twice a year )
    Welcome to you