1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Head (likeness attempt)

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by pokrad, Jul 17, 2016.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Blocked out main volumes, but I'll try likeness with digital sculpting for the first time with this one...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  4. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Looks a bit like a young Ted Turner. Except I can't see Ted in a beret.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

Wings5797 likes this.
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Time to ask for help again, now, can anybody explain what cap badge is he wearing ? Any better images of the badge ?

[IMG]
    Dan Morton and Mat Lambert like this.
  7. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    No, this should be Connery, but still early stages and in symetry (which is impossible to do for Connery as he has very asymetric nose). Only main volumes for now, and very low polycount...
    Wings5797 likes this.
  8. Scotty Well-Known Member

Scotland
    He's wearing the staff badge, I think it's worn by Brigadiers and above. Good luck with this.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  9. Scotty Well-Known Member

Scotland
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thank You Scotty !!!
    Scotty likes this.
  11. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Still taping in the dark :)

[IMG]
    Borek, Osebor and Oda like this.
  12. Scotty Well-Known Member

Scotland
    The badge needs to be further forward, over his left eye. Wearing the badge on the side of the head is quite a modern thing. Sean Connery as General Urquhart will be a popular choice I think.
    Very good.
  13. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    Scotty is right, badge should be directly over the left eye....and the beret trim should be 2 fingers above the eyebrow. At least that was how I was taught while in the services :) Great start by the way,watching with interest:)
  14. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Damn, I saw this pic and was thinking that Connery is pulling out some actor-artistic stuff, who would say he actually wears it correctly :)

[IMG]
  15. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    Don't worry too much, officers can wear headless anyway they want, look at Monty and his collection of badges on his beret!!! Connery also has the beginning of what we called the "gunners tuck" as seen where the beret folds over the beret badge. I had one on my beret, by then I was in the armoured Corp, and we always did things differently :)
  16. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Ok, this would be the right position, the badge is not right version as it has two guns crossed instead of gun and a sword, it's just "placeholder" so I could sculpt the hat...

[IMG]
    Borek, Osebor and Mat Lambert like this.
  17. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I believe that the badge position was not always the same, I can see many images where badge position is different, but I am doing Connery, and as Andre and Scotty pointed out he has the badge above left Eye...
    The badge itself will be a pain to sculpt, this one was just quickly pulled out using alpha and does not look right, but it will help to establish volumes of the hat.
    Scotty likes this.
  18. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    Your going great Pokrad. This is going to be fantastic!!!! Watching with great interest :)
  19. Scotty Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Urquhart was originally in the Highland Light Infantry so wearing a beret would be new to him, so it's not his fault. Just as an aside, the badge is a sword and a field marshal's baton crossed.
    It's coming along nicely.
  20. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Sculpting and learning history...is there a better way to spend free time ? :)
    Thanks Scotty !
    Osebor, Mat Lambert and Scotty like this.