1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New guy alert!!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by simon1969, Oct 9, 2003.

1. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,
    Looking at some of the members on here I suspect most of you "met" me yesterday as "Den Dennis"!
    I'm here as well now!
    A little biog to start off with? I've only recently (in the last 18 months) got back into modelling, after a 20 year hiatus and started off with WW2 AFVs, but due to the fact that my airbrush broke two weeks after I bought it (nothing to do with me you understand ;) ) I'm now more "into" figure painting (it's also the only thing I'm any good at - probably because I spent my teenage years painting citadel fantasy figures)
    I paint in a mix of mediums, oils for flesh+ some uniform details, enamel & Citadel acrylic (throw back to my teens!) I'm also increasingly drawn towards scratch-building figures - started with sculpting the odd arm or two & recently embarked on project (probably a little too ambitous!) of a 90mm knight entirely from scratch - although this has been put on hold as I wimped out on the mouth & gave him a moustache instead & the eyes are rubbish (think Marty Feldman on acid & you're nearly there!) but reading one of gordy's posts elsewhere has re-kindled that somewhat & I'm thinking of starting again!
    I did have a question to ask, but seeing as most people probably won't read this far I'll put it in a seperate post!!
    Cheers
    Simon :)