1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New from Sarnia - Luftwaffe in Mess Dress

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by PLG, Jan 18, 2020.

1. PLG Well-Known Member

Hi

Here is my first release 2020 - a Luftwaffe Officer wearing his full mess dress uniform.

The basic torso comes with a medal ribbon bar but I also include a set of four medals with ribbons which can replace the ribbon bar.

Available from my website:http://sarnia-miniatures.co.uk/?product=023-luftwaffe-officer-in-mess-dress

023 large box art Luftwaffe bust.jpg Bust Luftwaffe officer in mess dress.jpg
    all comments welcome.

The instructions include painting instructions for the ribbon bar and the set of medals which are: Iron Cross 2nd Class; Schinkel type Luftwaffe 4 Years long service award, in silvered iron; Commemorative Medal 13 March 1938, in silvered bronze; Commemorative Medal 1. October 1938, in bronze, with Prague clasp.

I hope you like it. All comments welcomed.
    Peter
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Peter!

Interesting sujet - not often to be seen!

He is an Oberstleutnant (Lt.Col.)...

[IMG]

...of the Fallschirmjäger (Paratroopers) for he wears the Paratrooper Badge (Fallschirm-Schützenabzeichen)...:

[IMG]

As a proven rivet and button counter ;) , I have to note, however, that all orders, with the exception of the paratrooper badge, are significantly too small, as a comparison with an original shows ...:

[IMG]

This is the right size ratio ...:

[IMG]

And the same size like the EK 1 the orders and medals at the collar must have...:

[IMG]

I think you should revise these details of the bust again. Then it would be really good!

Cheers
    theBaron likes this.
  3. PLG Well-Known Member

Hi Martin

thank for the comments and suggestion. The full set are a little larger than the one on the tunic and close to scale size.

I am sure you will appreciate the 'fun' I had braiding three lengths of wire for the epaulettes - especially since it took a few attemtps!

peter
    Martin Rohmann and Nap like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  6. Model Citizen New Member

United-States
    This piece is impressive. Did you sculpt it digitally?
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Hi there

I can answer that it's a traditional sculpt ..all done by Peter ( PLG ) , good price as well

Nap
    theBaron likes this.
  8. PLG Well-Known Member

Hi - no, it is old fashioned sculpting with putty, plastic and wire. Fun, but also frustrating at times!

Peter
    Nap and theBaron like this.
  9. PLG Well-Known Member

Nap - I should have read to the bottom of all the posts before replying And repeating your reply.

Peter
    Nap likes this.