1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New from Sang Eon Lee

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bogusman53, Jul 25, 2013.

1. bogusman53 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks like Sang is onto another winner and has a famous general, statesman thing going on
    with his latest Douglas MacArthur.
    Another one for me to get!

Attached Files:

2. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Very nice sculpt!! Would like to see a painted version as well. I'm surprised I haven't seen any good busts of MacArthur before.

Gary
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    This is a beautiful sculpt and a must have!

Joe
  4. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    wow, simply wow:facepalm::woot: that's a portrait, my hat is off to you Sir Eon Lee!
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Seen this on his website, the likeness and details are astonishing!

Best from life miniatures yet :woot:
  6. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    Excellent likeness.
  7. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Superb sculpting
  8. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Well, that's another one on my wish list.

Malc
  9. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Possibly the most lifelike face I've seen on a miniature. Oh ya, I'll be getting one!

Jason
    Sturm Grenadier likes this.
  10. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Yep, count me in for one.
  11. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is unbelievably real. Regards, SG:happy:
  12. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Fantastic miniature! :happy: The Manilla photographic sequence of 1945 is well known and I didn't resist in mounting them side by side:

[IMG]

However, the guidance must be General MacArthur later in life, and it is stunningly well achieved:

[IMG]

If it helps, the jacket he wears, and MacArthur's very favourite, is the all time classic (and still purchasable) Government Issue Horsehide A-2 Fly Jacket. Don't forget to add his name tape! It's not a pocket you see in the upper left chest :happy:

[IMG]
    Tarracus likes this.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, what a cracking sculpt. I'll be getting one for sure.

Thanks for the pics and the name patch reference photos Nuno.
  14. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
  15. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Great work

could buy : YES / Don't know / NO
  16. Dave - LastCav Active Member

United-States
    Looking forward to getting this one. Excellent!
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Sr, this is very annoying, who cares if do you want to buy it or not? just say if do you like the work or not...
  18. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Dear Ernest
    at the moment I read your answer, 946 peoples had a look at the thread, 14 took time to give their advice
    so mine was/is : great work, but personaly I will not buy it ( because the subject does not interest me, because I don't do bust or because..)
    Just imagine that the 946 viewers gave their advice about the fact they coul buy or not.. the manufacturer would have a good idea how his piece, on wich, I'm sure he spent many time and has done it with all his talent to make ot it a very good piece, is realy going to hit the market . Now are the 946 viewrs ready to buy such a piece ? With far more advices, on all the products presented on Planet, a manufacturer could have an indication of what the, potential buyers we are, realy wish to see and buy . So it would help him .
    I'm not alone, I often see comments like : I ordered it.. Where can I buy it...
    My intention is not to detract talent . Just that the manufacturers, I think, cares about how big is the percentage of potential buyers among the peoples who read the introduction of a new product .
    Best
    J.A.Hidalgo and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  19. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    But when I see that kind of comments sounds like you don't want to buy it cause the figure don't really convince you to buy it cause the quality or you don't have the money to buy it, in my case I wish to buy one but I don't have the money right now to buy a copy, but I don't say it in my posts. I don't know how does feels the manufacture when they see this kind of comments, may be they don't bother but customers maybe will think that the figure is not so good to buy it. Next time I guess is better to explain why you don't want to buy it to avoid any confusion, is just my opinion.
    CAT of BORDO likes this.
  20. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    I will take that into account, telling why
    Best
    Ernest likes this.