1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New from S2K

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Marc Day, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all,

My first posting for my range of Sovereign 2000 products. This is my latest 54mm release.
    S2KW5411 Vietnam Recon.

Available direct from www.sovereign2000.uk.com or from www.historexagents.com

If it looks familiar to some of you, that will be because, in a previous life it was part of the Chota Sahib range. Previously cast in metal and now in resin.

2.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG
    Reptor, phc35, Huw63 and 3 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marc

Nice looking figure and a good subject and addition to your range at S2K

Is this painted by you ?

Like the avatar as well !

Look forward to seeing more posts both releases and your modelling

Nap
  3. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Nap,

Glad you like the figure and the avatar.

I'm not sure if we've ever met, so I'll tell you a little of what I'm about.

When I bought Sovereign Miniatures from John Tassell nearly 20 years ago, the plan was to concentrate mainly on vehicles which is really my speciality. All that changed when I bought Wolf Miniatures from Nic Adams over the last couple of years. I make all my own kit masters, do all the casting and paint everything myself. The only thing I don't do is sculpt, but I'm learning more about that by doing simple convertions to figures in the range, which have been quite sucessfull.
    I still have around 90 items in the Wolf rage to get out and most of them will need painting. You can imagine what an expensive business it would be to commision others to do the painting. A very long answer to your question about who painted the figure. The up side of this is that, having to do so much of it has improved my figure painting a fair bit.
    The Vietnam figure was a bit of a challenge, partly because there's so much kit on it to deal with and also that it was my first try at tiger stripe cammo. I think I could have done better with the flesh, but I was quite pleased with the rest of it.
    I'll very likely post a few more new items over the weekend, the first of which is the only one I didn't paint myself.

Cheers for now. Marc.
  4. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nap,

One question. I uploaded my images as thumbnails on the post. Any idea why they appear as full size now?
    They're far bigger than they need to be.

Marc.
  5. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Nice figure.
    On an unrelated note, you logo S2K, reminds me of my previous car, a Honda S2000, referred to as an S2K by aficionados.
  6. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi A J,
    Thank you.
    Interesting about the Honda thing, but I had no idea about that. When I bought Sovereign Miniatures in late 1999 I wanted to change the name slightly for a couple of reasons. I began trading early the following year, so Sovereign 2000 made sense and I designed the logo based on that. When I signed up to PF I thought the disc in the centre would make a good avatar.

Regards. Marc. S2K Logo colour.jpg