1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New From Maurice Corry Ltd. Rifles Officer 1854

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by moz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Hello Maurice,

I received mine in today's mail, excellent figure! BTW thanks for the freebie!
    Cheers
  2. nathan tan New Member

Malaysia
    i received mine today too, but the belts attaching to the sabre was not included, should it? sadly my replacement parts i requested early was not sent also, he might have missed my email. :)
  3. RFL Active Member

United-States

Look carefully and see if he included the sword sling belt clasps ( see pic ) on a sprue or in bag. If yes, then he expects you to make your own belts out of lead foil, paper, electric tape, etc. etc.. that`s what he does with the 200mm MG 34 gun parts. No slings with them or the Napoleonic 120mm line of figs.

If they are missing them either he left parts out of a kit, or never made them for this kit....
    Take a close look and let us know please.......

RFL

Attached Files:

• rif4.jpg
      rif4.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  4. nathan tan New Member

Malaysia
    6 parts are in the bag, head, both arms, upper torso, lower torso and the sword. Nothing else, with the reference photos on this thread, should be no problem diy the belts. thanks for your reply.:)
  5. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Well....actually that`s a Very Big Problem for me anyway.... . the slings were attached to the sword scabbard by going through the loops and then help in place with clasps, and like a belt were doubled over near the edge . This is very visible in 120mm and should be in there with the kit, like his other 120mm`s. The thumb pic I posted is _from his photo of the kit_. Scratch building these to the correct detail is a PITA . Even 54mm guys like Metal Models, who don`t supply the full slings, supply the sling clasps & ends.

BTW, Looking at his 75mm Cav. figures, they are also absent....
  6. nathan tan New Member

Malaysia
    looking closer at the third photo which shows the back, it does look like the folded parts of the belts are resin and the rest is much thinner, i would guess lead foil. So perhaps this part was just left out in my kit, anyway, dropped him a email already.
  7. RFL Active Member

United-States

I assume that for the Rifles guy, he is using the same parts for the sword slings that he did for his 120mm line of Dragoons, which is the sword belt ends and clasps were cast to the round scabbard loops and 2 were attached to a small casting block. ( see pic )The loops are glued to the scabbard and the lead foil, paper, etc, is added to the resin parts to form the belt, , then attached to the waist belt... At least that`s how it is in the 2 dragoon figs.

Good Luck !

Attached Files:

8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  9. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    On the issue of creating belts and straps I would highly recommend using the 'Soft metal foil' from Reality in Scale that can be purchased via Historex Agents. I have found that alternatives, such as the Verlinden lead foil sheet is thicker and so can appear less convincing in scale.

The missing sword belt ends and clasps of Maurice's latest offering, the Rifles Brigade Officer 1854, does in my opinion, detract from what otherwise should have been one of the top large scale figures of 2012. I eagerly bought the figure when first released and was disappointed to find these parts missing from the box I received. Despite this being weeks ago; entering into email correspondence and being promised to receive the missing parts, to date these have not been received. Oh well!

I do think that there is a gap in the market for a full resin accessory for sword belts and straps. I was wondering if anyone remembers the quality of the resin straps produced by 'Mili-Men', for their figures, such as the 120mm 95th Rifles Officer. Despite the passage of time, I still consider those belts and straps to have been some of the most realistic, durable and easy to use that I have ever come across, as they were thin enough to be bent and rounded into shape, without breaking. They looked great on the final model I produced.
    RFL likes this.