1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New from Elite 70mm

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by jose hernandez, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    Rafa!....Yes,I see you in Torrent!........

[IMG]
  2. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Guys!!

Thank you everybody for the kind words.

Bob, I think I finished this figure last summer. It seems a long time ago now. But even that was after it languished on my work table for two years or more.....

This figure is an attempt to develop an "idealized" result. It is an artistic attempt at developing a graceful figure rather than a strictly "realistic" one. So, it is more in the vein of a Latorre or Horan sculpt than my usual "dumpy" look. I am still playing with moving between these two extremes. I have to say that the idealized figures certainly are more visually attractive. I suspect there will be more of these in my future......

Cheers!!

Mike
  3. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    Artistic is the word........this is a "front" picture;tomorrow more dust,stains,etc.Jose.

[IMG]
  4. Manfred Active Member

The artistic or idealized result works for my also as authentic. From campaigning in the 19th century, more so abroad you hardly would aquire a look of some of todays reenactors.

To me it also shows the energy of an infantry officer that has to lead his men into battle.

Excellent sculpt (as always) from Mike and excellent painting from Jose. I actually thought that oils were used as the blending is so well done.
  5. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Awesome work Jose. I wish to see it soon.....

Rafa
  6. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    It compliments
    to both for the optimal job it is the sculpture and it is the painting much good executed .
    Saluti MAB ;)
  7. Pekka Active Member

Finland
    Inspiration!!

Holy Dog,
    this figure is amazingly inspiring!!! I stare at it to learn till my eyes hurt...
    Great work;
    Pekka N.
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Coño Jose, tremendo trabajo de pintura! mis felicidades a este trabajo, la escultura se ve bastante detallada en especial mano y cara, aunque lo noto un tanto flaquito de cintura, pero aun asi me agrada....espero poder verte para la World Expo 08
    Un saludo
    ER
  9. MazingerZ New Member

Spain
    Hola Maestro.

Vaya calidad de pintura. Parece por las fotos que es un poco "delgadita de talle" como ya te ha dicho Ernesto pero tiene una pinta estupenda, a lo mejor ya lo has dicho, pero es un Poste Militar reeditado????

Lo dicho, enhorabuena.
  10. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    Hola amigos!.How are you?.The figure is finished!:these are the last pictures with the "combat"effects added and some " fluff " and white dots - thanks to the Gremlins from my studio-.In fact,the waist line is more "thin" owing to the Sash that compress the Tunic;is only a visual effect.Jose.
    [IMG]
  11. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    The ground , trousers and "false boots".......

[IMG]
  12. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
  13. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Amazing sculpture and paint work
    Congratulations guys!!

Jose: Tu nivel de pintura está en otra dimensión.Vaya finura...lástima que me pierda verla en directo en Torrent...:(
    Felicidades
    jaume
  14. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    And of course a "heroic" picture with the olive-tree base.Thats all!.....From Spain Jose Hernandez."LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA"

[IMG]
  15. jose hernandez Active Member

Spain
    Ese Jaume!......Thank you very much amigo.

[IMG]