1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New figures from Airborne Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by black55, Aug 2, 2021.

1. black55 Active Member

United-States
    1969, Nap, dmcHobbes and 6 others like this.
  2. Trep Active Member

United-States
    very nice figures
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

Fantastic figures. Im ordering them now!!
  4. Ong Active Member

The 3D quality really shows as these are highly detailed and crisp-looking figures! :)

If undecided on 1/9 or 1/16, go for the 1/9 if you have the money and the display space. The SOF T-shirt figure in 1/9 looks amazing compared to the usual 1/16 scale figure...the details and parts size just "pop" in 1/9 scale.
  5. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Yep, what Peter said, I'll be grabbing both SF dudes in 1/9, thank you for playing.

Multicam arid or regular, Tiger stripe desert maybe? Nah, both in multicam would be easier.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for sharing the releases , popular subjects and the detailing looks good

Hope we see painted versions

Nap
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, now these are so detailed, you are tempting me. One thing I can't resist is temptatin, HA! Love the range of available scales, especially the SF figs. Excellent Black!
  8. Ong Active Member

I just received these latest 1/9 US SOF figures and they look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and STUNNING! The 3D printing quality really shows on the figures with intricate stitches and details. The figures' sizes are impressive...taller than a smartphone and one can feel the weight of the resin = solid and tough.

What's more, the carbines are straight and being 1/9 size, I didn't see any warping of the gun barrel or smaller parts because everything is just so much larger, thicker, and tougher than 1/16 and 1/35 scale. I highly recommend these figures for the modern military resin figure modeler. :) Thumbs way up!
    Nap and sd0324 like this.
  9. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

If you dont mind, how much were they?
  10. Ong Active Member

1/9 figure is $100 USD and $49 USD for 1/16 figure--not including shipping, but do ask if it does.

Believe me, these are probably THE BEST modern "large scale" US SOF figures available, and the market is shrinking as many vendors who make modern resin US figures (1/16 scale) have dropped out of the market.

The figures are 3D sculpted, 3D printed, and resin cast. Airborne Miniatures has great Customer Service, but I think he only ships once or twice a week so after you pay, there is a wait time before he goes to the Post Office. I always got my kits though, no problem.

Airborne Miniatures does accept PayPal.
  11. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the info, forgot to ask, how tall do they stand then ?
  12. Ong Active Member

Figure sizes vary depending in the sculptor so it's best to ask Airborne Miniatures.
  13. Juddo69 Member

Stunning, awesome pieces!!
  14. newtonk Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Steve,

Being 1/9, they'd stand approximately 200mm tall. HTH