1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Guy. I appreciate all the kind remarks.

Joe
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Guy. I appreciate all the kind remarks.

Joe
  3. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Progressing nicely Joe. Great job with the cape. Captures the suprise and quick turn well. :eek:

-jim cox
  4. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Progressing nicely Joe. Great job with the cape. Captures the suprise and quick turn well. :eek:

-jim cox
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Joe
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Joe
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, Sherlock is really looking good. Your sculpting is really coming along. I admire what you've done in a short amount of time.~Gary
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Joe, Sherlock is really looking good. Your sculpting is really coming along. I admire what you've done in a short amount of time.~Gary
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary for the help and inspiration! I should have some other pictures soon for you to see.

Joe
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary for the help and inspiration! I should have some other pictures soon for you to see.

Joe
  11. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey Joe,

How's Sherlock coming along?

Got a question for you about the AVES putty. How long do you let it set up when using it in thin sheets like on Sherlocks cape? Also did you have to prop it up somehow as it cured? Again, well done! (y)

-jim cox
  12. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey Joe,

How's Sherlock coming along?

Got a question for you about the AVES putty. How long do you let it set up when using it in thin sheets like on Sherlocks cape? Also did you have to prop it up somehow as it cured? Again, well done! (y)

-jim cox
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

Thanks. Sherlock is on the holding pattern! I am waiting on a base from S&T and I should receive it sometime next week. I will then do the groundwork and finally I can paint him!

With the AVES I would mix the 2 parts and let it sit in a ball for about 40-45 minutes. The I used baby powder and covered it and rolled it out to the thickness I wanted and then let it sit for about 25-30 minutes. It was jsut starting to get a little stiff. I then used scissors and cut the lenth that I needed and secured one end with a touch of superglue and then wrapped it around the figure. I did not use anything to hold it in place but I have used blue tack on prior figures for certain folds. See the picture below. One thing I do not do when doing this is I do not put it in the crock pot. I think the heat makes it shrink down ad this will mess up your folds. I hope this helps.

Joe
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

Thanks. Sherlock is on the holding pattern! I am waiting on a base from S&T and I should receive it sometime next week. I will then do the groundwork and finally I can paint him!

With the AVES I would mix the 2 parts and let it sit in a ball for about 40-45 minutes. The I used baby powder and covered it and rolled it out to the thickness I wanted and then let it sit for about 25-30 minutes. It was jsut starting to get a little stiff. I then used scissors and cut the lenth that I needed and secured one end with a touch of superglue and then wrapped it around the figure. I did not use anything to hold it in place but I have used blue tack on prior figures for certain folds. See the picture below. One thing I do not do when doing this is I do not put it in the crock pot. I think the heat makes it shrink down ad this will mess up your folds. I hope this helps.

Joe
  15. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe - very helpful! (y)

-jim cox
  16. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe - very helpful! (y)

-jim cox