1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Figure. Ramon Cabrera griño - 1847 (Carlist Wars)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Miguel Jimenez-Bravo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Hello fellow Planeteers,

Here is our new figure:
    RAMON CABRERA GRIÑO – 1847 (Carlist wars)
    Forth figure from the Spanish Generals collection.

Sculpted by Diego Briones.
    Boxart by José Luis Ruiz and Miguel Jimenez-Bravo
    Material: White metal
    Size 54mm

Available on our website:
    https://www.eltaller-hobbyart.com

cabrera_frente.jpg

cabrera_detras.jpg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Lovely lookng figure and colourful

I do like the painting on both horse and rider

Shame there is not many busts of this war as well

Thanks for sharing ,I am sure it will be well received

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  3. Thank you very much Nap.
    I am very happy that you like the figure, and especially the painting.
    It will have acceptance, since the Carlist wars have a lot of interest, especially in Spain.
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Nice figure and - as Nap has said - pretty good painted!

Why not you give him his saber on the way, as in the painting by Augusto Ferrer-Dalmau?

[IMG]

Cheers
    Oda likes this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

A beautiful new release by this dedicated manufacturer.The subject is one of the least represented in our hobby so this great release plugs a gap in our field.Once more done in El Taller's unique style and quality.Well done indeed.

Oda.
    Reptor likes this.
  6. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    It is a very beautiful realization of this character can represented in the figurine. Very beautiful painting on a very beautiful sculpture! Thanks for the news ;) (y)
    Oda likes this.
  7. Hi Martin,
    Thanks for your comment.
    "Felix Maria Vincenz Andreas, prince of Lichnowsky, Austrian adventurer and military who enlisted on the Carlist side in the First War, reaching the rank of general, describes Cabrera – who rarely wore the general’s uniform – as follows: white beret, dark green short jacket; wolfskin fur, with collar and cuffs of light gray astrakhan; Scarlet pants with silver stripe. According to the author cited, Cabrera never used a sword or saber (it should not be forgotten that Cabrera lacked military training), sometimes he carried a saber hanging from the chair but never at the waist. In the front frame of the same used to carry two long guns with covers lined with wolf skin
    Felix Maria Vincenz Andreas, prince of Lichnowsky, Austrian adventurer and military who enlisted on the Carlist side in the First War, reaching the rank of general, describes Cabrera – who rarely wore the general’s uniform – as follows: white beret, dark green short jacket; wolfskin fur, with collar and cuffs of light gray astrakhan; Scarlet pants with silver stripe. According to the author cited, Cabrera never used a sword or saber (it should not be forgotten that Cabrera lacked military training), sometimes he carried a saber hanging from the chair but never at the waist. In the front frame of the same used to carry two long guns with covers lined with wolf skin".
    This small text is taken from the historical review that accompanies each figure, and which can also be read on the website.
    Martin64 and Oda like this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

Your historical documentation is always spot on my friend.

Oda.
  9. Reptor, excellent feelings, transfer your words to the sculptor and the other half of the painting team.
    Thanks you very much.
    Oda likes this.
  10. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Congratulations Miguel !! another nice Figure

I had the pleasure to see the entire range of El Taller - and I must say that the photos don´t brinjg justice - It´s a very nice colection and also nicely painted.
    Oda likes this.
  11. Hi Oda,
    Thanks for the two comments. You know that your appreciations are very important to me. Your reference to the quality of the figures and the historical rigor of them, makes me think that we are doing things well, also assuming a level that El Taller should not lower.
    Oda likes this.
  12. Oda A Fixture

I think that your character and devotion guarantee El Taller's high standards for the future my friend.

Oda.
  13. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Oda likes this.
  14. Hi Paul,
    I am sincerely glad your comment, about the whole collection of El Taller. But especially with regard to painting. Many times the photos do not do justice to the figures. Many thanks.
    Oda likes this.
  15. Paul Walker Member

Wonderfully painted, great figure from a topic I am not so knowledgeable.
    Oda likes this.
  16. Paul,
    Thank you very much for your comment. He is certainly a characteristic personality of the convulsive 19th century Spanish.
    Oda likes this.