1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New figure Pt 3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Feb 12, 2006.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys. Here are a few pics of the nearly completed figure.Everything is holding on by blutac so please bear with me. There's still some polishing to be done and I should be ready with this one. Thanks for looking.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Another

Attached Files:

3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen, wonderful sculpture, looks great, looking forward to seeing it painted.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's a great sculpt indeed Stephen. I also want to see it painted. Way to go buddy.

Xenofon
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roc, Xenofon, thanks. It will be some time before I paint this since I have to wait for the casting first.

Stephen Mallia
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Stephen!

Great to see it just about finished. The sheild rocks man! Bet it was very time consuming and frustrating to make but in the end it turned out to be a beautiful sheild.

One thing, the right hand just dont look right, the angle seams a little off and the fingers a little flat and thin. Maybe its the angle but from this end it looks a little off. Hands are tricky!

Keep it up and whats next on the bench?
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders, thanks. That hand is about to fall off. It was holding on with just a small blob of blutac. One would have to adjust when painting it

Stephen Mallia
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ahh! Roger that!

That would explain the angle, I still think the fingers are a tad thin and flat though, but Im sure you know best, all I got to go by is the pictures!

Looking forward to see the painted version!!
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    What a great job, Stephen! As ALWAYS~!! The shield is super! What tool did you use to make the elongated oblong feature on the shield? I have a metal sculpting tool that looks like it would almost do it, but you'd have a steady hand.

All the best,
    Dan
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Dan, thanks. The shapes on the shield were laid down one by one. No tool here. They are strips of putty shaped on the spot

Stephen Mallia
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders , no problem. I'm always open for suggestions. After all you're just seeing the tips of the fingers. See if this can improve the angle

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Stephen!

Thanks for picture :)

Looks good!

Whats next on the bench?
  13. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hi Stephen!
    Beautiful figure (y)

Cheers!
    Artur
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Very nice sculpting. It came together nicely, hands and all. :) ~Gary
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Arthur thanks.

Gary, your feedback is always appreciated.Thanks

Stephen Mallia
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic sculpting Stephen...........especially like the hand on the sword.....excellent
  17. Baguette New Member

Malta
    aw steve sabih narawh ghad jew ga telaq see you to-morrow

Dave
  18. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, my friend, like I told you on messenger, I REALLY like this figure. I'm sure that there will be a very nice home waiting on this equally nice figure ;) . All these very nice sculpts you're doing and we don't see any more Nappies from you :lol: . One thing is for sure though, your already nice sculpting has improved greatly since last July. I wonder where it will be after we meet again in 2008?

Take care,
    Jim Patrick
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guy thanks.

Hi Dave, yeah will bring it to club tonight

Hey Jim, thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping that we might meet before 2008 but things are out of our hands I suppose

Stephen Mallia
  20. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey guys, envy me again......I've just held this gem in my hands a while ago and it almost slipped out of my left hand :( :angry:

Great job mate, get it ready so we'll paint it........

Ray ;)