1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Figure Napoleon Austerlitz - 1805

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Miguel Jimenez-Bravo, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Hello fellow Planeteers,

Here is our new figure:

AUSTERLITZ - 1805
    Our new figure from the NAPOLEON ON HORSEBACK series.

Sculpted by Diego Briones
    Boxart by Mario Ocaña and Miguel Jimenez-Bravo
    Material: White metal
    Size 54mm

El Taller - Hobby art
    http://www.eltaller-hobbyart.com

AUSTERLITZ_1805_front.jpg

AUSTERLITZ_1805_back.jpg
    Edorta, sd0324, MCPWilk and 10 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

One more great release for this very productive company.Gorgeous as ever.

Oda.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I also know the painting which was the template...:

[IMG]

This painting was commissioned by Murat - and the vain man probably did not want his emperor to "outshine" him.

But the historical trhth is: at Austerlitz Napoleon rode a gray horse called "Cyrus" - which was renamed "Austerlitz" after the battle...:

[IMG]

And even more historical is:

Mr. Emperor sat on horseback for the least part of the battle, but mostly on a field chair and watched the one-sided carnage...:

[IMG]

It was also completely unnecessary for him to fuss around much that day, for he had already won the battle by his dispositions in the days before...

Cheers
  4. Hi Martin,
    Thank you very much for your interest. Normally we do not use a single image to make a figure. In this case, and as explained in the historical review, which accompanies the figure and can be read on the website, in the battle of Austerlitz, he used at least four horses.
    Oda likes this.
  5. Hi Oda,
    Your words are always an encouragement to me. Tank you very much.
  6. Paul Walker Member

This Napoleon represents another great figure from this Spanish brand. I just received their previous figure, Samurai - 1575, and once in my hands I think it is one of the best on horseback 54mm figures I can remember. Great job from El Taller
  7. Hi Paul,
    Thank you very much for your words. I'm glad you like the figure. Excellent that the figure of the Samurai has already arrived.
  8. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Mine arrived yesterday and I can say it is very nice indeed. Thank you Miguel. With regard to the point as to whether the horse should be grey or bay, well, you can paint it either colour…
    Billy
  9. Hi Billy,
    It should be noted that at the time of the battle, Napoleon's horses in the imperial stables numbered around 110-120 horses. It is known that for each military campaign, he selected around 20-25 animals; and that the horses he used in a battle was between 4-5 horses.
    The number of grey horses is therefore very considerably reduced.
    Billy Dickinson likes this.
  10. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Miguel.. i was quite surprised how many horses Napoleon had killed beneath him.. 18 or 19 according to accounts. Personally as well I think, artists of the time would prefer to depict him on a grey horse for aesthetic reasons ..
  11. Hi Billy,
    Indeed. Much of Napoleon's paintings were painted between 1820 and 1830. A lot of idealization and a lot of horses in the likeness of Marengo.
    Billy Dickinson likes this.