1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New figure: Marshal Kellerman

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Artig Toy Soldiers, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Artig Toy Soldiers Active Member

Latvia
    Hi everyone!

We have a new figure at ArtIG! Introducing Marshal Francois Christophe de Kellerman (1735-1820!

The 15-year old Francois entered the french army as a Cadet volunteer. He was commissioned as an ensign in the Royal-Bavière infantry regiment and promoted to captain in 1758 in the course of the Seven Years War. On one occasion he distinguished himself by capturing 300 prisoners, while leading a small cavalry detachment.

In 1789 Kellermann enthusiastically embraced the cause of the French Revolution, and in 1791 became general of the army in Alsace. In April 1792 he was made a lieutenant-general, and in August of the same year there came to him the opportunity of his lifetime. He rose to the occasion, and his victory over the Prussians at the Battle of Valmy, in Goethe's words, "opened a new era in the history of the world". Napoleon later commented that: "I think I'm the boldest general that ever lived, but I daren't take post on that ridge with windmill at Valmy (where Kellermann took position) in 1793."

Take a look at Marshal Kellerman on our website.

We're happy to hear your comments, questions and suggestions below!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Erbay likes this.
  2. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Perhaps the head is a little small on this figure.