1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Figure Line - Little Contempibles

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Brent Fordham, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    New Figure Line - Little Contemptibles

I found these last week while browsing an aircraft board. "Little Contemptibles" is a new figure line being produced by a company called "Wingnut Wings". They will be producing 1/32 figures from the WW1 era, with significant focus on aviation subjects.

Interestingly, the company is backed by Peter Jackson, director of the Lord of the Rings movies. Apparently, he is a WW1 aviation buff, and for what it's worth on a figure board, I have to say these guys are also producing some of the best WW1 aircraft model kits to ever be seen in the industry.

Anyways, see below for the link to the figures. The second link is just the general Wingnut Wings website, if anyone is interested. There's some great WW1 period photos in the photo gallery section.

Little Contemptibles

Wingnut Wings

Maybe this should have been in the News section - wasn't sure if it was the right place.

Brent
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    The figures are really nice, as are the aircraft kits. I believe Jackson's film company is also called Wingnut Films, or something to that effect. You might be interested in checking out the link to a one off collection of Gallipoli figures done by the Perry Brothers for Jackson. ~Gary

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Those figures look very nice, I particularly like the group bringing in the wounded pilot.

As for the aircraft...WOW!

No wonder the aviation modellers are getting excited about this new range of aircraft.

Have a look at the 'coming soon' page....a 1/32nd Gotha G.IV bomber....with a 73cm wingspan!! (I've always wanted to model one of these from the 'England Geschwader' during the 'first blitz' on London and Kent.)

It's no wonder there's so little new blood coming into the hobby though, what kid has the amount of pocket money for the kind of detailed multimedia kits being produced these days! I can't even afford them at my age!

Hats off to Peter Jackson, he is one big kid in a very big model shop! Those Gallipoli figures by the Perry twins are just fantastic...that's going to be one hell of a diorama! Shame it's a one-off.

I'll be watching and drooling as this range develops, and wishing I had more spare cash!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Love those planes.
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Those planes ROCK!! The figures, not so much.

But there are some great ideas in there. I guess I will have to up my game.....