1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Figure 38th King George's Own Central India Horse - 1912

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Miguel Jimenez-Bravo, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Hello fellow Planeteers,

Here is our new figure:

38th KING GEORGE'S OWN CENTRAL INDIA HORSE - 1912
    Our new figure from the INDIAN ARMY series.

Sculpted by Diego Briones
    Boxart by José Luis Ruiz and Miguel Jimenez-Bravo
    Material: White metal
    Size 54mm

El Taller - Hobby art
    http://www.eltaller-hobbyart.com

38_front.jpg

38_post.jpg
    Chrisr, Old Pete, Paulo and 6 others like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Template for painting...:

[IMG]
    peedee and Oda like this.
  3. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Another excellent addition to this wonderful range....Bravo !!

Mike
    Oda likes this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

One more underepresented subject in El Taller's usual high standards.

Oda.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Lovely looking Figure on as Oda says a much missed subject

Nice addition to the releases from El Taller

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Its a lovely figure and has the correct, later pattern sun helmet, for this era. Not sure why it hasnt been painted with the patterned puggaree, and, the facings were more towards purple/burgundy than bright red....!(y)
    Oda likes this.
  7. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice Figure Miguel (y)
    Oda likes this.
  8. Hi Martin,

Thank you very muchfor your additional information.
    Oda likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Thought I share this , really good ref of apparently a original uniform IMG_6159.JPG IMG_6162.PNG IMG_6163.PNG IMG_6165.PNG IMG_6161.PNG
    Oda and valiant like this.
  10. Hi, Fogie (Mike)
    Thank you very much for your words. Several months without seeing your comments. It's a pleasure seing you again.
    Oda likes this.
  11. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just been waiting for the Indian Army series, Miguel..... :) All your
    stuff is good, but the Indian Army pieces are my personal favourites.

Mike
    Oda likes this.
  12. Hi again Mike,
    With this figure, which is number fifteen in the series, it was planned to put an end to the Indian Army, but due to the great reception it has had, I have decided to expand it, with at least five more figures.
    Oda, Nap and fogie like this.
  13. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Excellent figure Miguel. The Indian Army used to be very popular in the 70s/80s but has sadly drifted in recent years. This is a shame as there a so many exquisite uniforms to be modelled using today's techniques. Full marks El Taller for your interest in reviving the period(y)

Phil
    Oda and Nap like this.
  14. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Excellent news. These Indian Army figures are superb. Keep them coming.
    regards
    chris
    Oda likes this.
  15. Hi Nap,
    Thank you very much, for your words. I receive many comments from collectors that they still find the Indian Army Series very attractive.
    Oda likes this.
  16. Valiant said:
    Its a lovely figure and has the correct, later pattern sun helmet, for this era. Not sure why it hasnt been painted with the patterned puggaree, and, the facings were more towards purple/burgundy than bright red....!

Hi Valiant,
    Thank you very much for your extensive and kind comment, to which I would like to respond with some clarification:
    As specified by A.H. Bowling in his book "Indian Cavalry Regiments 1880-1914", and I quote literally
    "Uniform was drab with facings maroon and lace gold,.........."
    If we accept maroon as dark red/burgundy, the photograph of the figure shows a not so dark red, although the figure, not the photo is closer to maroon. The painter, however, should have got the colour right.
    In relation to the helmet and continuing with what the author says:"The 1901 regulation replaced the old salacot with the new white Kitchener model with a white pagri,......"
    I hope I have been able to clarify your doubts.
    Finally, in response to the excellent image Nap has included, I will say that this image is also in my archives and on researching it, it appears to be a militaria uniform - not authentic to the period - made much later. Something that, in any case, I cannot be sure of.
    Oda, Nap and valiant like this.
  17. Airkid said:
    Excellent figure Miguel. The Indian Army used to be very popular in the 70s/80s but has sadly drifted in recent years. This is a shame as there a so many exquisite uniforms to be modelled using today's techniques. Full marks El Taller for your interest in reviving the period.

Hi Phil,
    Thank you very much for your generosity in the comment. I hope I can continue to satisfy all lovers of this theme.
    Oda, Airkid and Nap like this.
  18. Hi Paulo,
    Thank you very much.
    Oda likes this.
  19. Thank you Chrisr. I'm very happy that you like the series from India. More figures will continue to come out.
  20. lightbob Member

Hello Miguel,
    Really like this new figure and horse. I must save and paint faster in order to work through my wish list of your creations.
    Spotted on your website that next in the Indian Army range is a 17th Cavalry figure. I know it is listed as being from 1914, but perhaps you could consider going for a mounted piper. I believe this regiment had mounted pipers. As a Scotsman I am both puzzled and intrigued by this. My source is a small photograph in the Osprey publication Bengal Cavalry Regiments 1857-1914 by Ronald Harris. If anyone has a larger, coloured picture of the pipers and some background detail wold be keen to see both.
    Great Work,
    Yours,
    Lightbob
    Nap likes this.