1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New figure 1st Duke of York's Own Lancers (Skinner's Horse) - 1909

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Miguel Jimenez-Bravo, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Hello fellow Planeteers,
    Here is our new figure:

1st DUKE OF YORK'S OWN LANCERS (SKINNER'S HORSE) - 1909
    Our new figure form our INDIAN ARMY series.

Sculpted by G. Javier García.
    Boxart by Mario Ocaña and Miguel Jiménez-Bravo
    Material: White metal
    Size 54mm

El Taller - Hobby art
    http://www.eltaller-hobbyart.com

1o-DE-LANCEROS-DEL-DUQUE-DE-YORK-CABALLERIA-DE-SKINNER-–-1909-Frente.jpg

1o-DE-LANCEROS-DEL-DUQUE-DE-YORK-CABALLERIA-DE-SKINNER-–-1909-Posterior.jpg
  2. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just love this series...and this one is a joy. Super stuff Miguel

Mike
    Oda and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Totally agree there ...another cracking release

Well done Miguel

Happy releasing

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  4. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    "Sikkander Sahib's Yellow Boys". Will there be any of the other Bengal lancer regiments too?
    Oda likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Great reference for the painting IMG_4730.JPG

Nap
    Oda and fogie like this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

I've made no secret of my preferance for this brand.I love their approach,their attention to detail and historical documentation and their affection for the 54mm scale which is also my favorite.I have a number of their releases in my GA and I intend to add quite a few more.As we speak I am painting their samurai horse and having a blast with it.Extremely satisfactory to paint as it it is wonderfully sculpted and cast,as usual for El Taller.Miguel is also one of the most knowledgable people I've ever met in this hobby and his determination and drive make every conversation with him a rare pleasure.Very glad to see that the guys at El Taller are getting the feedback they deserve.

Oda.
    fogie and Nap like this.
  7. Hi Mike,
    Thank you very much for your words. I'm so glad you love this latest release.
    Oda and Nap like this.
  8. Hi Nap,
    Thank you very much for your always generous comments and also for the images of Christopher Rothero's book.
    Oda and Nap like this.
  9. Hi Oda,
    You know, because I have commented publicly, that comments like yours, is what makes me reaffirm that we are, within what is today the world of scale figures, on the right path. We started our way, by producing figures in different series, taking great care of the modelling, the casting and the scale, but knowing that the series are finite. The Indian army will have a total of 30 figures, Napoleon on horseback, 15; Kings and Emperors, 20, etc. This avoids, in our opinion, that very good figures are lost in the catalogues of the manufacturers a few months after their appearance. We hope this is not the case with El Taller. I also confirm that talking to you is always a pleasure for me.
    Oda and Nap like this.
  10. Bundook said: "Sikkander Sahib's Yellow Boys". Will there be any of the other Bengal lancer regiments too?

Hi Bundook,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.Of the 17 references that appear in the Indian Army series, the following correspond to Bengal regiments:
    Item No. 5 corresponds to the 7th Bengal.
    Item No. 7 corresponds to the 15th Bengal.
    tem No. 8 is for the 2nd Bengal.
    Item No. 11 is for the 4th Bengal.
    Item No. 13 refers to the 18th Bengal.
    Item No. 14 refers to the 13th Bengal.
    Item No. 16 refers to the 17th Bengal.
    And in the next few appearances, two more Bengal regiments remain to be raised: the 16th and the 19th.
    I hope I have answered your question.
    Oda and Nap like this.
  11. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    Perfectly, thank you. That would make quite a display to have them all lined up.
    Nap likes this.
  12. You can find here the pictures of the Bengal regiments that we have presented so far in El Taller-Hobbyart that match the list I mentioned in tge messaged above. As you can see, the name in each case matches the one I had in the regiment in the date the figure represents.
    Bengal regiments 1.jpg

Bengal regiments 2.jpg
    Oda, Bundook, Old Pete and 2 others like this.
  13. Paul Walker Member

A beautiful figure and an excellent summary of the Bengal cavalry.
    Nap and Oda like this.
  14. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    fogie and Oda like this.
  15. Hi Paul,
    Thanks you so much.
  16. Thank you Eduardo. I'm glad you especially like the Skinner's Horse figure.