1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New fantasy scene finally finished.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by SRP, Nov 13, 2010.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The Elves battle with the beast atop Mount Boruvar......think the beast is winning....!! 54mm v 30mm . Oil and acrylic...tree bark base dry brushed various greens/browns. Last fantasy piece for a while...sorry about the amount of photo's...got carried away......hope you like it.

Attached Files:

2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Been waiting for this one and it was worth the wait !!

The figure individually look superbly painted and put together on this scene they are just fantastic, you can really appreciate the difference between 30mm and 54mm when both sizes are incorporated together on the same base, they would really well though.

Stunning job and great use of colour for all three figures.

Steve(y)
  3. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve...very kind....yours is the clever bit...I only paint them..
  4. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Steve:

The other Steve (1969 that is) Mr. Readdie, said it better than I can. Really
    lovely presentation. The colours are so interesting and love the way the base
    holds all the action together. Well done.

AND. . . beautiful photographs,

The Miami Jayhawk
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous, extremely well done.

marc
  6. bed172 Active Member

United-States
    All together very well done. Using tree bark for the base is a stroke of genious. It works really well.(y)
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Cracking bit of modelling Steve. What did you use for the groundwork?
    Carl.
  8. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve,

The composition works extremely well, particularly the figure on the right.

Bonza!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  9. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks every one....Carl..the base is a few lumps of tree bark glued together. The tree it is from is known as a 'Plane tree'..think that's how you spell it...they were introduced by the Victorians to help clear the air of smog and grime. It's leaves have fine 'hairs' which collect dirt..and it sheds it's bark naturally..which also collects dirt from the air..and there is one in the car park where I work..so I just pick up lumps from the floor...wash it of course..and mother nature's provided me with a few free bases..!! and no trees harmed.!!
  10. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Jonathan...hope that's a mask you've got on.......!!!
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve. Londons full of them, plane trees I mean. Not gremlin type things, but having said that where I worked?:confused:
    Carl.
  12. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    This is a different world from my usual but very nice vignette setting with good paint job

Allan
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I'm not totally into fantasy but this is just too cool. outstanding work my man!
  14. tony66 Member

Australia
    Steve
    Don't mind fantasy myself (I never thought I'd see the end of that bloody wheel of Time).
    So I know how hard it is to paint one those 30mm miniatures. Great sense of movement in your vignette and beautiful colours.
    Well done!
    Cheers Tony
  15. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    This could win something at Euro!
  16. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks all...very kind. Like I said...it's my last fantasy piece for a while.(running out of green paint)!..going back to my first love for a while...military figs.
    Steve
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  18. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    See what you mean..!!
  19. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Nice, absolut nice !!!

Karsten
  20. Wlas Member

United-States
    Well conceived composition and beautifully rendered!