1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New F&P War vignette

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Dec 31, 2003.

1. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jim, after I sculpt the folds and am pleased, I'll let it sit for 30-40 min. to cure, then I'll go back and give it a LIGHT burnishing. This seems to give it a nice "finish".
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jim, after I sculpt the folds and am pleased, I'll let it sit for 30-40 min. to cure, then I'll go back and give it a LIGHT burnishing. This seems to give it a nice "finish".
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fabulous Jason...................look forward to seeing it painted up (y)
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fabulous Jason...................look forward to seeing it painted up (y)
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Simply awesome. Those heads work really well with your style of sculpting.~Gary
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Simply awesome. Those heads work really well with your style of sculpting.~Gary
  7. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Jason. I'll give your ideas a go. I love MS but it seems to be a little sticky (the vaseline will help) and sometimes it crumples a little when I'm trying to put finer details in it. I've tried using rubbing alcohol and veg. oil on my fingertips/tools but this can cause it to thin out too much. :( I think the vaseline will help with that too. What do you use to burnish with?

-jim

BTW, Where you at in Michigan? I was born in Detroit. Go Tigers! :lol:
  8. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Jason. I'll give your ideas a go. I love MS but it seems to be a little sticky (the vaseline will help) and sometimes it crumples a little when I'm trying to put finer details in it. I've tried using rubbing alcohol and veg. oil on my fingertips/tools but this can cause it to thin out too much. :( I think the vaseline will help with that too. What do you use to burnish with?

-jim

BTW, Where you at in Michigan? I was born in Detroit. Go Tigers! :lol:
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jim, I use a toothpick for sculpting. I have four or five different ones, all different shapes, sharp to flat.

I'm from East Lansing. Go Spartans!!! I've been to a few tiger games, some memorable one's back in '84 (y)
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jim, I use a toothpick for sculpting. I have four or five different ones, all different shapes, sharp to flat.

I'm from East Lansing. Go Spartans!!! I've been to a few tiger games, some memorable one's back in '84 (y)
  11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Jason,

Valley Forge and Atlanta - no can do this year. But Chicago in october is a possibility, and the Poste mil Franco Prussian war figures are small enough to transport with ease. I was thinking of painting a few of those especially for the show (got some extra ones still in the box) - and there's the one I'm still working on of course ... somewhat behind schedule due to being an internet addict.

Well, I must buy some kind of camera one of these to take some pics. so that you can all have a field day critisizing my stuff!

I only hope I won't be in trouble with all that metal (figures) at O'Hare airport when I come to Chicago...
  12. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Jason,

Valley Forge and Atlanta - no can do this year. But Chicago in october is a possibility, and the Poste mil Franco Prussian war figures are small enough to transport with ease. I was thinking of painting a few of those especially for the show (got some extra ones still in the box) - and there's the one I'm still working on of course ... somewhat behind schedule due to being an internet addict.

Well, I must buy some kind of camera one of these to take some pics. so that you can all have a field day critisizing my stuff!

I only hope I won't be in trouble with all that metal (figures) at O'Hare airport when I come to Chicago...
  13. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Gotcha Jason, I get perspective problems with my camera as well. Are you going to Atlanta?
  14. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Gotcha Jason, I get perspective problems with my camera as well. Are you going to Atlanta?
  15. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    John,

I don't think I'll make Atlanta :(But Valley Forge and Chicago for sure !:D
  16. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    John,

I don't think I'll make Atlanta :(But Valley Forge and Chicago for sure !:D
  17. Alan Guest

18. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Hi Alan, appreciate the input.

Yes, the legs are little thin to some, Your not the only one here who has commented on this, but this is a personal preference. Where the legs and arms meet the torso I need to work on a little more.

The only figure that I'm not totally satisfied with, is the figure in front...his leg in back is a little long from foot to knee, but I didn't notice this until I had the figure 90% complete. Goes to show ALWAYS check your work. ;)