1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Diorama - 2nd figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Sep 11, 2004.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok , so after the drum major comes the seated drummer who like the drum major is toasting the new arrival. Although nearly finished there still is need for some minor polishing. I will do that prior to the primer. I added a few detail shots. I hope I don't bore you to death :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Stephen Mallia
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Stephen!

This is my favourite posed figure of the dio and it really looks cool, great facial expression and detail work.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen,beautiful work,lots of detail, charector and a nice pose.(y)

Keep the the good work.

Ciao,

Roc. :) (y)
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    G'morning mate...............as I told you at last club's meeting............fantastic stuff, you're outdoing yourself with every new piece............keep it up and keep them rolling ;)

Ray :angry:
  5. fsdesimone Member

Very cool Stephen!

Hey, remember a few weeks ago we were talking about whether or not you can bake MS after smoothing it with hand cream? Well, you can. Absolutely no problems. And using the hand cream doesn't leave little particles in the brush either. It's much better.

Francesca
  6. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Stephen,

I agree, your best figure and great pose. Can't wait to see the rest!

Joe
  7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders, thanks. I agree that this figure will have a lot to say in the final outcome of the dio. Apart from the Drum major coming down from the stairs the other 2 are fairly straight up and down poses.

Stephen Mallia
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Roc , thanks. Very true I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. Tricky pose though.

Ray , we had time to talk about the piece and as we discussed at the club the 'ensemble' is showing good signs of being a very interesting dio. The others won't probably beleive it but you will 'cause you know me. I decided to take a little break from this dio and sculpt a piece in time for St.Vincent. Just over a month to go.Do you think I'll make it ? :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Francesca thanks for your compliments and for the cool tip . In fact I've been changing the synthetic brushes I use for sculpting way too often and it was becoming expensive :lol: .Will try this new tip definately.

Stephen Mallia
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    joe thanks. It will be a while before you see the rest. in the meantime I will show you the new piece I started for St.Vincent.

Stephen Mallia
  11. Automata Member

United-States
    Stephen,

The figs are looking great! I can't wait to see the diorama finished.

Francesca - What kind of hand cream specifically? Just hand lotion?

Thanks,
    Barry
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Barry thanks. Good question to Francesca too since I forgot to ask her myself

Stephen Mallia
  13. fsdesimone Member

Barry and Stephen: I'm using Gilchrist and Soames' "L'oceano" courtesy of the last time I stayed in a hotel... It actually is listed as a body lotion now that I look at the little bottle. I hadn't noticed before, I just took whatever the cheapest cream I had in the house was. :lol:

Francesca
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT Stephen! You did a wonderful job on the lace and trim. The face fit s the pose perfectly.
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Francesca , thanks for the tip. I will give it a go

Stephen Mallia
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason , thanks. I can't wait to start painting but I'm afraid I'm still a long way away :lol:

Stephen Mallia