1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Andrea Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  2. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    I'm very surprised they have put an HA badge on the rider, I believe they are very protective about its use.
    Carl, I've pushed more British bikes home than Harleys, mind you they are a lot lighter.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  3. Tarracus A Fixture

Richie likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Fully copywrited... But they don't send lawyers, they send the Sgt-at-Arms from the local chapter:blackeye::dead:
    Jim Patrick, crf and JasonB like this.
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Also, since it appears he's a patched in member, shouldn't he have the full HA logo and rockers on back as well? THAT would be some detail painting.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    And would probably wind up getting someone's a$$ kicked REAL bad.... but still it would look cool. If there's a small patch on the front (actually, there should be several) there will be a big patch on the back. Why not Wild Hogs?

Jim Patrick
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    All that should be on the front is small white bar patches with red border and letters reading "Hells Angels", members "club name", chapter locale, rank ie President, V Prez, Sgt at Arms and finally "Filthy Few" or "666" if certain services have been done for the club.
    On the back should be the "Death's Head" center patch, top "Hells Angels" rocker and the bottom Province/State rocker.
    There was 300 of them rumbling around Toronto Wednesday for a funeral...
    1322838276981_ORIGINAL.jpg
    This is all VERY copywrited and guarded jealously.

Colin
  8. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

The bike was previously used for Andrea's Terminator figure from a few years ago. Colors? Why SONS OF ANARCHY!
    That said, it's still pretty cool. List is $112.
  9. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm quite suprised by the presence of the HA badge too and it does seem to be part of the casting. There may be an issue with the HD badges on the tank as well; they are quite protective about their brand only in a more corporate way :)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    So what you saying, there may be trouble ahead :eek: :LOL:
    JonP likes this.
  11. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Well having visited Airfix in Margate last week and being told that the Hornby group spent a million pounds on licences for their products ( Boeing for the P51, George Lucas for the Star Wars Scalextrix sets and the MOD for the RAF and RN logos etc.) Andrea may want to consider getting licences (if they haven't already) for the 2 well known brands used on this kit :)
    As both companies have their head offices in the litigious US it may be seen as an issue; that's all I'm saying ;)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Don't see it happening. If you look through the Andrea catalog you see literally dozens of copyright infringements hidden behind names like "The Arachnid", 'The Last Daimyo", "Storm Raider", etc...
    About the only ones they never touched is the Star Wars characters, and I would guess thats because of George Lucas' known tendency to protect the brand and willingness to go after those who infringe on it.
  13. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal

Jim, let me try to say things like this: "I don't know" :)

I don't want to sound "rude" but, as noticed previously, for those who really know how a motorbike is, this miniature has notorious shortcomings in its details.

However there are some extremely nice and realistic military Harleys in 1/35 scale that can be used to convert and upgrade the donor chassis and engine to the more contemporary and civilian Harleys such as the FLH Electra Glide. Look this Harley WLA:

[IMG]

The question here is how a "50mm motorbike" (that's 1/35) will look with 54mm figures riding it. And if the models are even higher, like 60mm, then the figures will look like if a fat Marc Gasol and a wild Maria Sharapova were having a date on a tiny Harley.

Reverse thoughts can be used if we pick a 1/24 Harley. There are very nice die cast Harleys in 1/24 scale. Here's a contemporary FLS:

[IMG]

but here, I fear that only if the figures are notoriously big for the quoted 54mm, namely measuring around 75mm they will work. Otherwise they will look like actor Peter Dinklage riding a maiden in the intervals of Game of Thrones.

In times of yore, there were classic toys in 1/32 scale from brands such as Britains and Matchbox that had Harleys. But they offered just a toyish silhouette, almost unusable for scale figure modelling. Italian manufacturer Polistil had some 1/30 bikes but I can't remember a Harley in the catalogue.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  14. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Looks to me that if you disregard the riders, the bike looks like its in motion given the solid wheels and tire tread pattern. Cool looking riders though!

Joe
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  16. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
  17. Tarracus A Fixture

18. JasonB Moderator

United-States
  19. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

The solid wheels are a pretty common option on Harleys:
    [IMG]
    How good they are in a strong crosswind, however, is another story.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  20. Helm A Fixture

England
    I hadnt clocked the H.A. patch but I would definetley take a Dremel to it myself those gents dont take kindly to unauthorised usage
    Steve
    JonP and ChaosCossack like this.