1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Andrea Miniaturas

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    GRAZING HORSE
    Scale: 54 mm
    Material: White Metal.
    Sculpture: Studio miniatures Andrea.
    Box Art: Studio miniatures Andrea

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    pmfs and Meehan34 like this.
  2. Gijs Member

United-States
    I must say that I find this a disappointing horse. Very unnatural sculpture en painture.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    In my humble opinion it looks more like a Mule.

Marc
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I would expect a lot better anatomy from this elite company.
    Not at all impressed.
    Keith
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I can't help wondering if this is meant to portray a horse that is unhealthy, or starving? The ribs sticking out and the bones showing so prominantly on his back side seem to indicate an animal in distress. But then again I'm no judge of horse flesh.
    pmfs likes this.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I like and he looks perfect to me.....

Pedro
  7. Einion Well-Known Member

That does look nicely sculpted overall but jeez, bendy legs in publicity photos?!

Einion
  8. BatteryXO Member

United-States
    I don't sculpt horses, but I've owned a few. I've seen rescued creatures in better shape than this one. I suppose the market will ultimately decide whether it is destined for a "best of show" or a frozen lasagna. :)
    1969, Rich Sculpts and Wings5797 like this.
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I don't think any of us are a judge of horse flesh since we have all been sold it as beef
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think Carl barton posted some pics of the Crimea war and there were quite a few horses that looked just like that one

Ron
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    BatteryXO likes this.
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There you are guys a few for Tesco's
    Crimea 1.png Untitled C2.png c3.png c5.png
  13. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    My impression is that the horse was in a way rushed out. The legs are not aligned to the groundwork and the pins can still been seen. The anatomy looks slim but that is not a problem. What caught my eye is the thin neck. Just look at the pictures above and compare the "volume" of the neck to the size of the horses... The Andrea horse is more close to "Rosinante":).
    I still like this release but would consider some reworking before it can be used as a model that looks "right". Therefore I am interested in the retail price......
    Cheers, Martin