1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Andrea Busts

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by rdclaeps, May 30, 2005.

1. rdclaeps New Member

2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thas looking pretty cool!

Here is the first one:

Attached Files:

3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And the second:

Attached Files:

4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    These look pretty nice to me, however, they kind of defeat the whole purpose of a bust, as the face aint really showing. Now if the helmets are hollow and you can acctually do it without the helmet it would be really cool.
  5. MPA New Member

I'm sorry I can't agree with you on that one.
    They are the same bust with a different helmet crest and COA, and the manufacturer expects us to beleive that these two knights 100 years apart would wear the same armour? :lol: :lol:
    No sale.
    Michael
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Michael is rightl no prince would be seen ut of date armour so either the other guy time travelled to get his or prince is wrong.

Robin
  7. nagashino New Member

Yaaaaawwwwnn!

Oops, sorry guys, I dropped off there for a minute :lol:
  8. Pete_H New Member

What can I say? Seems like yet another cheap-@ss way for Andrea to maximize its profit while minimizing its workload. But then again we, the consumers, excuse such efforts with our wallets (i.e: every time we purchase such non-creative nonsense because we want the "coolest thing on the block since what the local ice-cream truck dumped on our curbsides").

Oh well .....
  9. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    In a capitalistic economy, there's a market for everything.
  10. El Gus New Member

Argentina
    No, folks you don´t understand nothig, The Black Prince is a "Renactor"

:lol: :lol:

Anders say:

These look pretty nice to me, however, they kind of defeat the whole purpose of a bust, as the face aint really showing. Now if the helmets are hollow and you can acctually do it without the helmet it would be really cool.

I´m agree with you, except a Darth Vader bust, the face is the character of a bust.

Sorry for my poor english.

Best regards
  11. rdclaeps New Member

12. Calvin Member

Troppo bella!!! Gus, you are an understood guy.

Mhmm..., take a look here:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I'm not an expert, but the one from the kit seems a spaghetti colander... :lol:
  13. rdclaeps New Member

14. nagashino New Member

Hi All

The genuine article, that is the original great helm and crest, plus jupon belonging to Edward Plantagenet, Prince of Wales, aka the Black Prince, is on display alongside his tomb in Canterbury Cathedral, Kent UK. I don't have a picture to hand to post, but I have seen it several times and I will say this bust hardly comes close to representing it accurately. That's a shame, because with such a valuable medieval artefact still in existence and on public display, there's no excuse for getting it wrong. Always possible they didn't know of its existence of course. Then maybe Eddie had several outfits :lol:

Thanks for posting them Roger

Regards

Phil
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    commercial fodder
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    If ya'll would look at the reference number or kit number you will see that it is the same kit... just with 2 different crest options. Still hope the helmet is hollow and there is a complete face underneath (although I doubt it), probably the face is cast with the back piece of the helm moulded on and the front piece as a seperate piece. I think it would be a fun one to do!
  17. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Anders
    I saw this bust at Torrent show while I was judging,and yes,there is a face behind the helmet's visor.Don't aske me if it was good or bad though :)
    regards
    jaume
  18. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Damn Andrea !!!! I was scratchbuilding a bull fighter thinking it would be a unusual and different subject - and 3 weeks later they release one !!!!