1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Alexandors

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Nov 21, 2014.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    That is an unfortunate distraction. Otherwise, absolutely beautiful sculpt and paint!! Will probably buy it despite the sculpting error.

Jason
    crf likes this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Me too.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes, incredible work on the sculpting and painting.
    This one is joining the GA

Marc
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Totally stunning sculpting and painting.

Cheers David
  5. Gerry Active Member

Always a joy to see brilliant sculpting and painting Alex has really painted this one well!
    as he always does! and in oils;) great work
  6. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
  7. Bassman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fantastic sculpt, and painting!!! Great Face!

Best Regards,
    Rod
  8. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another hit! Alexandros is one of my faves. I have no interest in this subject but this is still hot :eek:.......wow this painter is good o_O
  9. dallan New Member

Just when I thought I was doing well !!
    Oils or Acrylics?

David
  10. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

11. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
  12. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Superb, must have.
  13. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Exquisite sculpting and painting.

Malc
  14. Katjuscha Active Member

Germany
    Yes, my dreams were heart
    A high quality Murat-bust
  15. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    A fantastic return from the great Youn Song! The best representation of Murat I've ever remember ... and a proof that a subject done to exhaustion ... just can be done once again ... putting others in the shade :)

BTW ... Just in time for Christmas ... save your pennies dear friends! :hilarious:
    Gaudin likes this.
  16. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Besides of some constipation of accuracy of this or that, nonetheless, it is a wonderful piece of ART....Great job Alexandros
  17. Anastasiya A Fixture

Ukraine
    Love this face !
  18. TADATSUGU Guest

murat 3095612.jpg plaque de grand aigle, legion d'honneur.jpg plaque de grand aigle.jpg plaque de grand croix de l'ordre des 2 siciles.jpg 436px-Roi_murat.jpg
    I'm no expert in miliatary decorations but I believe that these decorations were embroidered with silver thread sometimes combined with metal fittings. The decorations shown above are reproductions from the EmpireCostume site , but they illustrate this point well.
    Is it not possible Murat could have had the coat made incorporating the decoration before the braiding was added? This would make both the Ebroin sculpt and the painting it was based on feasible.
    As for the original painting I cannot see why such a talented portrait artist, probably working to commission, would make such a glaring error. The bottom portrait shows the decorations worn "outside" the braiding but the top illustration also shows them worn behind. Is it likely two artists would make the same error portraying different uniforms?