1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New 75mm Base WIP for Insect Man

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

So, this is my scratch 75mm Base for my sculpted Insect man, who is nearly finished (although painting). This Base is made on an EMI Wood/Metalbase which I turned into something more sophisticated. I have add plastic parts and a lot of foliage. I will add a few more Photoetch plants and paint the whole thing in some natural colours, except for the industrial parts. They will be painted rotten and dirty.

Detailpic 1:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Frank
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking real good Frank.

Marc
  3. Kyle Member

United-States
    Frank,

This is very creative. I like the diversity of the parts you have used. Looks like a random collection of materials - realistic.

Tell me, what is the bottom of the base made from?

Nice work -

Kyle ;)
  4. Frank-Holger Member

Kyle, this is an old EMI Base. It is made of two Wood Parts and a round metal tube, engraved.

Upon this I have put a piece of Balsa Foam and the detailing could begin (done with several parts from the sparebox, flocking material, roots and some Metalparts.

Frank
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This is a very interesting and unique base Frank!
    regards
    christos
  6. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks, Christos! I wait now till it is finished, put the figure a top and show the Endresult.

Thank for looking!!

Frank
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Frank, That's one interesting base. What is it? I thought it might be a doorknob.~Gary
  8. Frank-Holger Member

Gary! This is an old EMI Base, from two part wood and one part metal. I have bought these some years ago but they arrive totally broken (the metall part inbetween was glued to the both wood parts, and that didn´t bond). So I put them aside and "reanimated" them for my two small Baseprojects.

Conclusion: Throw NOTHING away, sometimes you can use it!

Frank
  9. Frank-Holger Member

Ups, I have mailed the answer two times...

Frank