1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

new 3d print brand from Italy

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by vincenzo, Aug 29, 2018.

1. vincenzo Well-Known Member

Italy
    Good morning,
    I'm very pleasure to annunce a new realized of a a new brand by a good friend of mine:

stampanti3dmodena

a little good reality that work with professional 3d print.
    At this moment one figure is ready and one other is almost ready.
    Moreovere this new company produce, at this time, a ww1 german granatenwerfwer 16 in 1/1 scale (for reenactors company) , 1/10 or 1/16 scale.

More project for the future, like austroungarian assault ship, gun set in 1/10 scale etc.
    for more info and buy, please see the company's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/stampanti3Dmodena/?fb_dtsg_ag=AdzksvtgF1WPz9Ys6M4PS9RGp1ViALvN4rjAeDNyapoKnA:AdyXKGY6-dYaI35oBKFTKL5rI0fe7SpNHgIBaizubs49ZA

and now, this is first realization:

1st battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers, 7th Division, italian front 1918

printed in 1/35, 1/24 and 1/16 scale.

(the figure in pics are a 75 mm scale)

Hope you like it!!

View attachment 319939 SNB19480.JPG SNB19477.JPG SNB19479.JPG SNB19478.JPG

and this is the granatenwerfer 16, 1/1 scale

47231f44-1370-4d1c-93e6-7cc375bc10ee.jpg
    Reptor, Nap, Huw63 and 3 others like this.
  2. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Interesting subject. Great effort(y)

But let's assume you had a good look at this figure and would compare it to any Pegaso figure (they seem to set some sort of standard) what would your conclusion be?

Cheers Paul
    Huw63 likes this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Compared with original pics the "Granatwerfer 16" looks good!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Nap and Huw63 like this.
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It doesnt say First World War to me, Im afraid - a valiant effort but the hair, face and general stockiness of the figure doesnt seem right for that era.....(y)
    Martin64, captnenglish and rossbach like this.
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

A good effort but I think for that period of time a bit too plump and looks a bit too middle-aged.

Cheers

Huw
  6. vincenzo Well-Known Member

Italy
    Dear friends,
    thanks for your comment.
    In my opinion I think that the beauty of this piece lies in the fact that it is different from the usual physiognomy and stereotypes of the skinny and athletic body.
    Then on the fact that there were no overweight officers and with a long hair can be discussed. definitely not the most part, I think...(I would like to point out that I am not the sculptor)
    Nap likes this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think that there is also a general lack of crispness about the details, too - the buckles, badges, buttons, straps, etc are all very sketchy and I dont think would translate well in the larger scales.....(y)
    captnenglish likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

As a reviewer ..of sorts !! ......this is a figure that certainly doesn't fit into our image of the period in respect of the size of the fellow but I am sure not all were atheletic types ..particularly the Staff .

Without actually seeing it and looking visually there is for instance comparing with TW figures a lot that needs to be more defined like Valiant says , the hair does IMO look too long .

However I salute the sculptor for completing the figure and look forward to seeing more if possible ..he will I am sure take on board constructive comments with every piece .

Thanks for sharing Vincenzo

Nap
    vincenzo likes this.
  9. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    For what it's worth, the British units sent to Italy in 1917/18 to support our allies in the Veneto comprised the Second Army (XI and XIV Corps) which came direct from Flanders and included 2 pre-war regular divisions as well as Kitchener New Army and territorial divisions. These were experienced, battle-hardened troops and would show that experience in their appearance and demeanour. Not sure that our friend here does that, although he would make a decent padre or MO. Not sure that the RWF would wear the black collar flash in battle either (this commemorates the fact that they were the last British Army regiment to wear the pigtail). Can any ex-RWFs advise us?
    Martin64 and valiant like this.
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    My personal issue with this example (aside from issues mentioned), is the general out of date appearance of the figure; to my eye, it’s the quality of figures produced in the 1970s-1980s
    valiant and rossbach like this.
  11. andrea_l New Member

Nice one Vincenzo!
    Your post opened an interesting side topic - I am new to the forum albeit an old date Planetfigure follower, and I was attracted by the different opinions raised in this discussion. In fact, I have painted the very same subject (in 200mm):
    1.JPG

It required some extra clean-up and surface preparation indeed, but nothing complicated.
    3D technology development curve is progressing at a steady pace and I think this figure is aligned with current
    3D figure printing
    state-of-the-art.
    I painted it with acrylics (flesh tones) and oils (uniform) on a white primer base.
    2.JPG

For my taste, it has very a credible and natural pose, but I accept that others find it different.
    To me, it is pleasingly different from usual stereotypes.
    It certainly has to do with each one's image of the conflict in that area and in that period.
    Concerning the looks, many unofficial wartime pictures show soldiers of very variable shape and apparent age. The following link may be interesting:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/ev...0-years-epic-battle-ve-never-seen-before.html

I.e., the first man from the left in the 4th picture has quite long hair as well, while the physical looks of second from the left are not that far from the subject of the 3D printed figure. Other men in many pictures from this dramatic report have very common physiognomies as well. In effect, a few months before they could have been simple accountants, shopkeepers, teachers etc. (each with his physique du rôle) hastily recruited and sent to the front. To the contrary many mainstream figures, beautifully sculpted and historically accurate, portrait all too similar and perfectly fit guys to look really natural.
    I don't claim to be more right than others, but I feel we are in the personal opinions field - some may dislike the attitude or the looks of this figure, but there is no historical reason for not liking it.

Regards
    Andrea
    vincenzo likes this.
  12. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great work! Thank for this :) (y)