1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nemesis Dreadknight; tribute to Francesco

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Arsies, May 18, 2015.

1. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    There was a while that Francesco Farabi is a great friend inside mianiture's world. Everyone that has the pleasure to meet him knows that he is not only a great painter or an even organizator (monte San Savino is as great as it is partialy because Francesco's work), in fact he is a great Person.

So ¿how could I say no to a commision that was just to paint a Dreadknight based on one Francesco's painted? It's a hard job, Francesco can paint a freehand in a 30mm's eyelash, so I was going to sweat a lot to finish it. And I painted not only one, but Two! (second one is not yet finished completely). This work took me just a bit less than 2 months, a big effort more or less as hard as my "Avengers" I painted last year.

Obviously is almost the same as original one, but little bit more blue (it is intentional) or a bit different texture on canvas, as a more espectral sword. Second one unfinished is a bit more dinamic.

Hope you like it! and don't miss Francesco's miniature!

B01.jpg

B02.jpg

B03.jpg

B04.jpg

B05.jpg

B06.jpg

B07.jpg

B08.jpg

B09.jpg
    John Bowery, kenshin393 and gforceman like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning freehand.(y)
  3. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work all round.
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW that's fantastic work well done indeed.

ian
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Stunning bit of work that!!!!!!!! Can look at this for hours and still find more to look at. You are a highly skilled painter and have loved your work for a while now
    Ben
  6. swralph A Fixture

Excellent work.
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    That is stunning and beautiful
    Cheers
    John