1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Need uniform clarification

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by kevin, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kevin Active Member

England
    An working on a figure of a officer of the 17th lancers 1854 and need some help to decide what is right.
    The part in question are the colour of the trousers.I'am working from two souces
    A article in miltary modelling March 1986 by Don & Bryan Fosten in the text it said they sould be blue
    Into the vally of death by john & Boris Mollo Plates by Bryan fosten in this the text saids Blue but the plates show as a grey colour
    Which is right? any help or guidance please

Kevin
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kevin...the reason you see both colours shown in illustrations is very probably because..

"in the spring of 1854, the 17th were one of the units selected to have the experimental grey overalls, along with the 13th light dragoons".

Ref: page 26 The British Army in the Crimea (Osprey) Text by J.B.R. Nicholson.

Roy.
  3. kevin Active Member

England
    Hi Roy

thanks but without upsetting you this i know, the figure is that of an officer and i need to know if they were different or not ?

kevin
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    No worries Kevin...I had the osprey in front of me and read your post and just quoted what was on the page...I'll get over the terrible upset...maybe cry for a while...will probably need consoling next time we meet...

All the best...Roy.
  5. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Grey Overalls was worn over blue trousers

Hi,

I think the above was the case regarding colour.

Rgds Victor