1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Navy Seal

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jacek Spychalski, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Hi!
    My next paint work:
    U.S.Navy Seal Vietnam (Jaguar 1:9) Painted with acrylic and oils colours
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cheers

Jacek
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Awesome figure man! Love the camo jacket and camo face!!
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Jacek...........good pics as well
  4. Brad S Member

Jacek,

Cool. I'm not into this era, but this is cool. Love the camo on the jacket, the way the camo is smeared on his face, and the weathering of his pants, especially the knees. Eyes also look very good.

Brad Spelts
  5. Evan August New Member

Awesome job man! You've really brought this guy to life. Great job on the jeans and the camo.
  6. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thanks for the kind words my friends!

:)

All the best!

Jacek
  7. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Jacek has just pulled off(with great skill and talent I might add) one of the hardest effects on modern figures, that of making cammo cream look realistic! Even without the green face paint the figure is fantastic so well done Jacek on having the courage to put more paint over and on top of a great job.
    OK now how did you do it?????
  8. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Fantastic figure jacek. You've really done an excellent job with the camo. This is about as lifelike as any figure I've ever seen. The monkey is a cool touch too.

John
  9. Lucas New Member

hey jacek
    the figure is great....AWESOME!The camo in his face.....wow!
    Well done jacek :)
    The monkey is so cool.

cheers

Lucas
  10. nagashino New Member

Hi Jacek

Quality stuff! The camo is spot-on. The figure is so eye-catching I didn't notice the monkey first time - I only picked it up after reading the responses :eek:

I have to agree that it takes some courage to "cam-up" a face that's so well painted. Nice one all round!

Cheers

Phil
  11. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank for you kind words and appreciation, Jaguar model is so good it practically paints itself and its hard to do a bad job with it. :lol:
    The method of painting camo on the face is very simple, once the face was painted and covered with varnish I painted the camo-color stripes using a varnish/paint mixture (proportions: 3 varnish - 1 paint).
    This is the entire "trick". I painted the surface several times with thin layers, so that the stripes would look like the soldier applied them with his fingers. Also, you must use flat varnish

Cheers

Jacek
  12. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Just want to add my compliments on your fine painting. The camoflage is really effective.
  13. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Amazing work, I like the face and the camo and the monkey looks like the president of my country :lol: just kidding.....great work mate!!
    ER
  14. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    another great job Jacek. That is a kit I have and I will be printing your photos as a guide for my build.
  15. EasyOff Member

Looks great man! Nice Job.
  16. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Once again, I can only join the choir.
    -Very good work indeed, Jacek!

I especially like the eyes and the nails, please tell us more about how youve painted them?

Cheers
  17. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank you again my friends :)

To Janne:

I paint the eyes in a perfectly normal way, the only secret is the paint I use as varnish -Tamiya "smoke" , plus that the white of the eye is not white but off-white with a bit of pink.
    as for nails: i paint the entire nail with light gray paint with a bit of pink and then paint the line accros the nail using dirty-pink paint

All the best

Jacek
  18. Calvin Member

Yes, the light on the eyes is terrific, congratulations.
  19. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jacek, it's fantastic this one. If I gave out medals, I'd make sure this you'd get one for this.
    It's SO GOOD even I am considering this one, and I don't do modern era figures at all.

Please share with us your technique for the camo jacket and for the denim jeans he's wearing. I know there's no shortcuts!

Also, as the scale appears to be pretty big, do share with us any observations on figures in this scale. How tall is it?

Thanks and very very well done mate.