1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nature invocator with imp

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Metal Extremo, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Hi.
    Changing the theme, i'm working in fantasy now. The Scale 75 figure, invocatio, defending a sacred place in the middle of a forest was the idea when i adquire it some months ago at Leganes' contest.
    The miniature is a beauty (IMO), very dinamic in position and clothes, no the typical mage and i need put my brushes in it.
    So after some tries to ubicate my wizzard, i decided put him at the entrance of a temple, with his imp (a magic creature invoked to help the warlocks) defending the place against, well, everyone can finish the phrase with his fauvorite enemy.
    [IMG]
    captnenglish, Sylvanus, Borek and 3 others like this.
  2. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

First of all, preparing the scenary. The invocatio has a little floor with tiles, and liked me. So, it will be elongated. And introduting the idea

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The ampliation was big, so the Feroca stuff was mixed with clay for the kids, to economice it. Very easy to work.

Now, again the invocation with the imp at the plinth

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Borek, gforceman, Nap and 2 others like this.
  3. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

My invocatio is involved with nature, so the imp is something like wood and moss with life. Not an ent as Lord of the Rings, but a magic creature in relation with the forest. So i want something green. Very green and saturated. So, with the airbrush, y began with golden olive to paint, and here is what i have with the moss parts.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The colours used are these. 90% airbrush. All the base, lights, general shadows and orange tones. Finished with brush the shadows.
    [IMG]

I hope continue it soon with wooden parts.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Excellent work so far!

Oda.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Great to see you start a fantasy piece here

Are these 75mm in scale ?

What are the 2 holes in the back of the imp ?

Like the storyline behind this

Nice increase on the basweork

Like the colours you've used on the imp ...going to look good

Following with interest

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  6. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Great start. I love the Raul's genial sculpt , and you composition looks great. Keep it up, great project :)

Cheers Borek
    Oda likes this.
  7. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

I know you use to follow historic miniatures, so thank you very much for your words Oda. :woot:

The Scale of Invocatio is 75mm. The imp, maybe, i donpt know the scale. The figure is from Mierce Miniatures, an english brand to play like warhammer, so 28mm. Must be a big monster to kill humans or another race. They have some interesting monsters that are big; i was looking for something satanic for an ambicious project when i found the web, and this piece travelled to my home too. :whistle:
    The two holes could be in the future open wounds or maybe old scars, holes where the interior magic is watched... the painting is being very fun and very very chaotic, so everything is possible till my skills can :D With the imp those colours that never leave the box have take the control and i like the way chosen. I'm very happy painting it.

Very gratefull for your interest. Raul Latorre is a master. All he touches has magic. I hope finish the project.
    Oda, Nap and Borek like this.
  8. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    very interesting, i love the whole project :)
  9. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Hi Franck. Nice see you here. :)

I was working with the wooden arms

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The colours used were
    [IMG]
    Oda likes this.
  10. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Maybe time to begin with the warlock
  11. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    the eyes lack just a little white dot of light : they are perfect !
  12. Sylvanus Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I do like the beauty of White Metal alone. Shows off the engravers art. Painting has to be up to the mark!
    Oda, Nap and Borek like this.
  13. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

I hope it.

The eyes are only touched by the airbrush. I like how they are, but maybe retouched in the future
    Oda likes this.
  14. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of time at work these days, and no time for the hobby, no time for forums.
    Only a session with less of two hours with airbrush. This is what i painted in that session with the infernal tool
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now i need time to finis the green with brushes.
    Oda, Nap and franck edet like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Interesting you airbrush then finish with brushes

This shows what can be done with Airbrushes ...me I would spray our walls !

Thanks for update

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  16. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

The clothes are near to be finished. Till the other pictures to these, all done with brushes. Here they go!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Eagle eye

[IMG]

[IMG]

The colours. All very simple, as always when i was working with airbrush, to recreate the mixes and finish with brushes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

All very saturate in both, invocator and imp. Gonna abuse of this resource, cause in historic subjects is not possible, and is usefull to center the attencion of the spectators in an exposition or contest. The contrast in shadows and lights generated with saturation is interesting, and very fun.

More in short time, i hope
    Oda, Nap and franck edet like this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Great update and love the way the clothing is looking , really a WOW! factor

Your right non historical gives painters more flexibility to push the effects more and this will certainly get lots of attention at shows

Nice to see the colours you've used as well

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to more

Happy bench-time

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  18. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Closing the theme of clothes, and touching the accesories

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I wish more painting time next week. I can't take the brushes most of the days to give continuity to the project
    Jeff T, Oda and Nap like this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Great update pics , looking really good , the green is so vibrant

Like the contrast with the edging

Thanks for sharing

Hally benchtime

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  20. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Well Nap, we go slow but straight to the goal :D
    This week i was playing with flehs. Tonight with hair, and a kid said "he must have green hair" And maybe too much green put it as colour of the hair, but some green touches to give more cohesion to the scene... i think isn't a bad idea. The Green team against the rest of the world. So to contrast with the green, the magic must be red. And magic is cold, so a cold red, going to pink. I believe the eyes are the most important part of the figures, and the magic is the most important thing of a wizzard, so magic gonna be reflected at my mage's eyes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Old Pete, Nap and Oda like this.