1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Native Indian Flesh SBS

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by SRP, Aug 5, 2011.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    After my last few posts of native Indian figures, I had a few requests to provide a Step by Step on how I personally painted the flesh.
    These are a few pics of an Andrea 54mm figure on which I chose to show a few simple steps on how I achieve this.
    Many painters have their own methods, but this is one I use when there is a large amount of flesh to be painted.
    I will post the SBS to this figure in the SBS forum .
    Steve.

Attached Files:

gordy, kingbingo, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is excellent skin tone for a Native American. Not a trace of red. That "red man" business had nothing to do with skin. Rather it referred to the people's fondness for red colored cloth and paint.--
  3. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Steve...I have just posted an SBS on this figure in the SBS forum...hope you like it.
    Steve.
  4. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Now we're talkin, I'm in for this one.

Cheers, Ski.

P.S. I just lined out my Andrea figures for a scenerio, we'll see how it lays out.
  5. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    What scene do you have in mind Steve..?
    Steve
  6. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I have the downed Calvary Sgt behind the horse and several of the charging warriors, so I'll have to play around with the scenario a bit to see what will be feasable and realisticly portraid. I'm itchin to get into Laslo's desert scene construction with the canyon walls, etc. Some pretty slick tricks of the trade in his last publication. As soon as the snow flies it's bunker time, but I'll be doing the research till then.

http://www.harvar-d.hu/books.html

Keep em coming Steve. Cheers, Ski.