1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review "Natasha" from AVE Miniatures.

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi to everyone ,

Its good to be back at the keyboard with sharing something , but sometimes I do suffer for the hobby ;) , having to sit over a PC or lap top looking at a screen till the small hours of the morning.......referencing items ...but for this one I am willing to suffer (y) !!!!!

What have I in front of me a sculpt from a fairly new company from Russia , the company is AVE Miniatures . they told us about the release here:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/natasha-scale-1-9-bust-from-ave-miniatures.65624/watch-confirm

The subject chosen by them is a rather nice looking lawyer ...I haven't see many of them ..mind you my lawyer is a fella ....I think!...apologies to any of our legal profession out there!

...it is Natalia Poklonskaya who is at the time of writing the Attornety General of Russian Crimea ..obviously a young lady who is going places in her career !!!

When her appointment was announced her pictures went viral , she has her own facebook page and is popular with the aime type drawing ...away from that she is as you will see a bit of a dishy woman ....with her smile and personality I am sure there are a line of men at her door waiting to be prosecuted !!!!

During my very hard and tortuous research one phrase cropped up time and time again:

Our Natalia puts the " Cute in Prosecute"

1.jpg

AVE is a company we have not seen much from so I was wondering what I would find on opening up the parcel , which was received quickly just at the end of last year , transit packing with others being well protected with the actual model pieces being in 2 clear plastic bags.

1d.jpg 1a.jpg 1b.jpg
    1c.jpg
    1e.jpg

What are we looking at in this little thread:

Title: Natasha

Scale: 200mm (Approx 1/9th)

Material: Gray resin

No of pieces: 5

Sculptor: Vitaly Sevalnev

Box Art: None available

The presentation was as stated just in clear bags , no company details were present but I know that the are based in the city of Tula in Russia and are an internet sales only company with a presence on PF of course.

Parts consist of 5 pieces , the torso the head and 3 hair pieces , the piece looks a small in relation to others in this size but to be honest I am willing to suffer ...after all the exhausting research!!!
    AVE Russian Soldier bust 001.jpg
    Prep was simple , removing the hair strands and positioning them to the head , quick clean cuts with the knife and a tiny bit of filler if you think its needed , the underside of the neck has a small casting plug to sand down as does the bottom of the torso ....but apart from a simple 5 minute prepping the casting was super smooth .
    AVE Russian Soldier bust 002.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 008.jpg
    Fit of the head into the torso was good and no issues were encountered !!!

Looking at the head first:

Sculpting is very good when comparing with picture references , delicate in all area's, nice eye detail with the lips tightly closed (a smiling version might be a nice idea as well ) , the hair is put up , tightly sweeping round her sides of the face into a "bub" at the back , hair detailing is good particularly at the lower part near the hairstyle at the rear. Here ears gently peek out from underneath.

AVE Russian Soldier bust 010.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 009.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 011.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 012.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 013.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 015.jpg
    The face is nicely sculpted with the pose looking straight ahead , not a blemish on the skin ..this is a great chance to test your skin tones out of ...delicately of course .
    AVE Russian Soldier bust 014.jpg

The strands of hair now:

There are 3 to locate , nicely worked and looking like in her pictures ..rather sexy ....Oh ist a hard life reviewing !!!

Now to the torso:

Our Nat wears her official UKRANIAN and not Russian uniform , very smartly turned out , collar and tie , both nicely worked , the neck area is super smooth , with the back of the bust being finished high up on the shoulders , I like this style of sculpting , on her lapels we have gold embroidery and a badge with her shoulders being adorned with the wide shoulder boards on which we see the 2 stars of her rank (she since been promoted as seen in some pictures if you google!!) , the surface of these have the appropriate decoration on.
    AVE Russian Soldier bust 003.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 005.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 006.jpg AVE Russian Soldier bust 007.jpg
    Sculpting of the torso is again really smooth with fine details on the badges etc

Final Thoughts:

When together she looks really nice , prep is easy , casting and sculpting are good , perhaps an insert card could have been included with the review model ( they might be with production ones), at the end of your time with Natasha you will certainly have had fun...

Oh did I mention you best check her out on You Tube as well as collecting suitable references ...it's hard being a bust painter eh ......

When based up you will have an unusual subject to display , one which you will have enjoyed in all aspects I am sure!!:whistle:
    [IMG][IMG]

Thanks to AVE Miniatures for the review model ( I will have more to share with you) so for more info and to order why not follow the link in the release thread from AVE :

or e mail them at :

or pm Andrew via the PF user ID [IMG] AVE.M

Thanks to you all for looking in ..off to lay down in a dark room!!!

Happy modelling

Nap

Krest063, YDGIN, NickM and 12 others like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great review Kevin.
    Many thanks for posting.
    Keith
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

Another great review.
    Ralph.
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review Kevin, as usual. (y)

Although I am not sure if this will be on everyone's wish-list! Maybe it will do well in the internal 'Russian' market. Although I cannot see it doing well outside of that said market. :(

It feels like a silly! almost childish, Russian' response to .. 'Amal Clooney'. Which begs the question for what reason ??

Regards,

Mark
    napoleonpeart and tomifune like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Mark,

You could be right ..think many would not know who she was outside the Russian States ..but hey do I care ..had lots of fun researching !

Nice painting exercise though

Off to rub myself down with a wet flannel !

Thanks for looking in

Nap
    garyhiggins and captnenglish like this.
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :D , Kevin.

Be careful about giving away too many personal secrets! 'A Russian bit of 'Totty', in military uniform, followed by wet flannels ? Hmm :LOL:

Mark
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Nap, I think you have a fetish! But, I can see why, what a doll!

We can always count on you to find us the obscure and esoteric stuff. Another well researched and informative review!

Joe
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you for the review. I am not sure that they quite captured her looks (the actual Natalia is quite the looker), but I wouldn't mind picking this one up.
  9. david pickford Active Member

Great review, interesting model, have to disagree you don't see many good looking lawyers, I work in the trade and there are lots of good looking women, I promise you!
    I think the eyes are too far apart on the model...
    captnenglish and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David!
    You are not thinking or contemplating about 'De-Frocking', her are you? and being barred to the bench! ( Ooops! sorry from the bench)?:D

Regards,

Mark
  11. AVE.M Member

Russian-Federation
    Kevin, thanks for the great review! We are ready for you the next bust)
    And thank you all for your comments )

Andrew
  12. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Good review Kevin. Bit of an unusual bust though.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jazz,

It's a unusual subject for sure certainly not run of the mill as they say ...be good to see it painted up

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great review Kevin, as usual.

I've ordered this bust for a theme night at my local IPMS club meeting later this month..."Crimea, Past & Present". I already have a Cameron Highlander, circa 1854, to take along and this is perfect for the "Present" half of the equation. I just hope it arrives on time, no problems with AVE though..ordered on Thursday, despatched on Friday (y). I'm now at the mercy of the postal system
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Eludia,

That will nake an interesting theme night ..please do share your painting of Natalia .especiall any uniforms detail

Enjoy

Nap
  16. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The uniform doesn't look too complicated, it's basically dark blue with a bit of grey and gold (famous last words). The challenging bit will be the hair I think, it looks like there's a lot going on there...lots of different browns, and the blonde highlights ofc ;)

Nevertheless, I'll have some fun researching this further :)
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Eludia,

" a bit of grey and gold" ......famous last words indeed

Looking forward to seeing how you do the hair ...be careful what you google!!

Happy painting

Nap
  18. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    "She's a babe!" - Garth Algar.
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Wow!!! She certainly isn't Rosa Klebb.
  20. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Great review Nap.I'm American but have to admit;Just have a thing for foreign women............Wayne