1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Natalia

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,

This is another one I'm calling done. This one was painted for a Crimean theme night at my local IPMS club so it was a bit of a rush job if I'm honest. The base was meant to be temporary but right now I can't really be bothered changing it, maybe some time...

She is Natalia Poklonskaya by AVE miniatures in 1/9 scale. She's a bit of a Marmite subject, hated by Ukranians but loved by the Japanese (and the Internet). She's painted in water mixable oils over acrylic base coats.

Comments and critique welcome.

p.s. I haven't shown the photo of the back because you can see the underside, which I neglected to paint #guiltyascharged

DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0020.JPG
    jerry, Kisifer, rado2828 and 5 others like this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted.
    Ralph.
    Eludia likes this.
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Billy (y)!

Didn't paint the underside o_O? Shame on you :D!

Joe
    Eludia likes this.
  4. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting that you should choose Ukrainian spelling of her name to go on the base, your unconscious must be telling you something important there :D:whistle:
    NickM and Eludia like this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well she is, technically, still Ukrainian.
  6. AVE.M Member

Russian-Federation
    Wow! Great painting!
    Eludia likes this.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice finish, for the lady who put the "cute" in "prosecute"! :D

Is she? I mean by my question, is she of Ukrainian descent, or is she actually of Russian descent, and her ancestors migrated into the Ukraine? I wondered about that, after your original thread about this bust, and I went and looked her up in the news. I don't know enough Ukrainian to know if Poklonsky/Poklonskaya is a native Ukrainian family name (as say a -chuk or a -shenko might be), so I wondered if it's Russian, and so, she may be a citizen of the Ukraine, but is she a Ukrainian?

Prost!
    Brad

A postscript--I'm waiting for one of her Asian admirers to produce a full figure in anime style. I haven't seen one yet. Oh, if only Brickworks would make a Natalia figure for Maschinen Krieger!
    Eludia likes this.
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lol, my research only goes as far as Wikipedia and this is what it says:

Natalia Poklonskaya was born 18 March 1980 in the village of Mikhailovka, Voroshilovgrad Oblast (today Luhansk Oblast);[1][3]

I have absolutely no idea how many generations her line goes back on Ukrainian soil but she was born in Ukraine and in my mind that makes her Ukrainian ;)

As a side note, Wiki also points out that she plans to apply for Russian citizenship.