1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Napoleon's Retreat from Moscow 1812 - Big Vignette lots of photos

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kisifer, May 27, 2008.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello all my friends. I know that I have been away for sometime now...without any new works presented. The reason is this vignette...after 3 and a half months its over. Kits from Pegaso, Andrea and Art-Girona were used...it's painted fully with oils. The snow is microballoons..and the base with 2 part epoxy putty. I hope you like it...and maybe if you will be in WE you can see it live.
    Here I would like to thank my good friend Costa Rodopoulo aka Major_Goose...for his big support, a friend who really helped me at the beginning of this...but he is not with us anymore...and I refer to Marcello Grimaldi (Rest in Peace my friend)... and everyone who encouraged me to keep on going...Anyway....I said enough...let the photos speak now :)

Xenofon

Attached Files:

2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    More photos...

Attached Files:

3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Last ones...

Attached Files:

4. georges64 Member

France
    Well done Kisifer!!
    Great work and nicely painted!
    Brrrrrrr I feel cold behind me ;)

georges.
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    My dear friend, this is your first really big work , and i think that is really succesful. Despite all the time it needed and the stress it raised , the result is one piece to be proud of . No you may rest a bit and do smaller things, other wise you will be big viniettes junky .. Listen to me !!!!!

I like very much the general look and texture of the snow . Please mention your method

My congratulations for all your effort and the nice resulting picture

Costas
  6. ilija Member

Execellent work.....you spent many hours for that diorama but it is go for....my compliments.....
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is exactly a diorama I hoped to do one day, you have done an outstanding job! I might have added a bit more debris though
  8. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Hello!

It's a great work, with superb figures. If I were you, I would have added a tree. But I think you want to show the steppe feeling.

Congratulations!

Cheers,
    Balázs
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Xenofon,
    this is great work! These figures look like they were meant to be together! Well done,

Jay H.
    OKC
  10. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive indeed. It works rllywell as a diorama tllng the story as i should do.
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Xenofon,
    Great Vignette and great snow.
    Cheers
    John
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Impressive and excellent work Xenofon.
    Some figure's looks familliar to me, because i've done them myself. But you beat me also on that. And that with all these figures to be done for one diorama. Great work my friend.
    And now, whats the next big one: I gave you an idea: "The Battle at the Northern gate at Castle Hougoumont"..
    Yes, it can be done.

Marc
  13. Mark S Guest

Beautiful vignette,Xenofon.Well done.
    Great figures that compliment each other very well.
  14. theseeker Member

United-States
    A very ambitious and well thought diorama. Your painting is beautiful and you have captured the feel. Well Done! Please have a drink.
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    My dear friends, I would really like to thank you all for your comments. These really help me to keep going and getting improved. Thank you all again.

Xenofon
  16. dinovision79 Active Member

Hungary
    Hi Xenofon,

I like it very much too! The figures really go together.

Thanks for sharing
    Denes
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Xenofon,

That's a stunning diorama mate, well done.

Cheers
  18. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice work Xenofon,I think if you put figures closer to each other would look more dramatic,like Diego Ruina's vignettes for example.Snow looks perfect!!!
    christos
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Stunning work Xenofon. A real beauty.
  20. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Christo and Guy...
    Christo...next time my friend hehehehe :)

Xenofon