1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Napoleon's Irish Legion

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Patrick Kirk, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Patrick Kirk New Member

Anyone know where I might find a few resources on the web about Napoleon's Irish Legion?

Thanks

All the best,

Patrick
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Marc,
    You are a GOD; thanks!
    Appreciate the help

All the best

Patrick
  4. JBoisson New Member

Slainte Patrick

For off-line sources you might want to check out Osprey MAA #102 "The Wild Geese, the Irish Brigades of France and Spain," Mark McLaughlin/Chris Warner and "Uniforms of the Peninsular Wars, 1807-1814," Philip Haythornthwaite/Michael Chappell, originally a Blandford book but has since been re-issued by Arms and Armour. Another interesting book is "Napoleon's Mercenaries, Foreign Units in the French Army Under the Consulate and Empire, 1799-1814," Guy Dempsey, has a 20 page chapter on the 'Legion Irlandaise.' I believe these titles are available at the usual suspects; Amazon, Osprey, or if out-of-print ABEBOOKS. Also Military Modelling Jan. 1981 has a good article about Boney's Micks. Furthermore, Figurines 22 has a good Andre Jouineau illustration spread of the Irish Bde. under the Louis' (1700's, I know, wrong period but still interesting) Happy hunting.
    FAUGH A BALLAGH
    John B.
  5. Barry Bradbury New Member

United-Kingdom
    Latest Military Modeling has an article on the Irish Legion. Can try and get you a scan if you want.
  6. Patrick Kirk New Member

Barry,
    That would be great...could you please?
    I would greatly appreciate the help

All the best

Patrick
  7. Patrick Kirk New Member

John,
    Thanks for the leads on the books...I will definately check out Amazon today and see what I can come up with. Really appreciate your help

All the best

Patrick