1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Napoleonic Soldier

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by gersonsj, Feb 16, 2006.

1. gersonsj New Member

HI, It`s Gerson, here I post some pictures of my latest work this is a French Hussard Trumpeteer of the Napoleon's Imperial Guard, a Pegaso Models piece in 54mm, I hope you like them.
    Regards
    Gerson Salcedo Jaspe

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    WOW...............awesome painting Gerson. You have really turned out a Masterpiece.

Whats next on your bench?
  3. gersonsj New Member

Thank you very much Guy, am begining to paint a roman gladiator by pegaso in 54 mm i hope it will be finished in about a month
    Gerson
  4. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Amazing work Gerson and good looking pics by the way....... (y)

ER
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful painting mate and some excellent photography there as well. I really like the way this one's lit. Look forward to seeing more stuff.
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice work , you did a good job, lookingforward to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    FANTASTIC piece!!! :eek:

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I really like the way you have painted this figure. It turned out beautifully.

Could you tell us how you photographed him? What do you use for lights, and how is it set up? The photos are excellent also.
    Thanks,
    Pete
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Wow,What a beauty!
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    I agree!Beautiful figure!
  11. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice clean colours with very fine detail work - nice one Gerson!
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's a really great piece of painting Gerson. Very colorful and alive. I also have this figure and I will start it sometime. The photography also is amazing. Are you using oils or acrylics?

Xenofon
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gerson, very nice painting. Did you build up the rock wall piece by piece?~Gary
  14. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    It compliments a beautiful painting
    are much happy one for seeing a my piece painted.
    You make also of the good photographies.
    Bravo ;)

MAB
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gerson,,

This is an amazing paintjob on a wonderfull figure. If you have more like these don't be afraid to post them ;)

Marc
  16. gersonsj New Member

Hi, thank you very much for your comments, for the pictures i use a kodak z740 digital camera(5MP), and two lamps with 60W bluelight bulbs, and for the background any colored cardboard that you can find at any hobby stores, I thank my frined Ernesto Reyes for those tips
  17. gersonsj New Member

Thank you gary, yes i build the little wall piece by piece, using two balsa wood pieces as a guide and white glue , finally some model master dullcote for a flat finish.
  18. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful painting, Gerson! The wall looks great too. Looking forward to your next project.

Jason
  19. gersonsj New Member

Thanks for your comments Xenofon for the figure I used acrylics (Vallejo) and for the scabbard and the trumpet i used printer's ink (gold) then I applied some lights coats with Winsor newton oils, see you soon
    Gerson
  20. qulfon New Member

Absolutely fantastic.... awesome.... my favourite scale and era. Masterpiece.