1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Napoleon

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Fantomas, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    Hello guys,
    Vladimir Danilov has created another, more 'classical' version of the Emperor.
    90mm, made is resin as usual.
    This miniatures will be available via our website: www.castleminiatures.com in about a month.
    However, right now, you can order it directly from Vladimir. Contact him by email at vladimir_danilov@inbox.ru
    All the best,
    Alex

71197963_638732286533830_7549564015349858304_n.jpg 72664312_638732419867150_7759899030670278656_n.jpg 71878213_638733876533671_5456206210933981184_n.jpg 72952936_642833419457050_7566644864062849024_n.jpg
  2. winfield Active Member

I have never in my life been interested in any figure of "The Ogre"; this is fantastic. The likeness is good and that motion is all tied together beautifully. WOW!
    Vladimir Danilov and Babelfish like this.
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Very beautiful sculpted figure, will be very popular - but the version where he is just thrown off his shying horse (also from "Castle and sculpted by Vladimir), I like much more, because it is honest! Mr. Emperor was well known as a lousy rider ...

[IMG]

Cheers
  4. Oda A Fixture

No matter what the subject is,whatever comes out of Vladimir Danilov's hands is bound to be a masterpiece.

Oda.
  5. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great work! The sculpt il juste perfect! Thank for the beautiful news ! :love:(y)
    Vladimir Danilov and Oda like this.
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Totally superb.
    Vladimir Danilov likes this.
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Be nice to see a decent mounted Wellington for once, possibly Blucher as well.

Mike
    Vladimir Danilov and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Good point there Mike ....saying that this would make a good bust as well ...as normally sculpt looks the tops

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  9. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nah, the cost of the resin for his conk would make it too pricey ;)
    Vladimir Danilov and Tonton like this.
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Like this - at Ligny:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Jaybo and Vladimir Danilov like this.
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree, the only Napoleon I've ever done was the old Airfix 1/12 scale plastic kit when I was about 11 or 12.

Normally he's a subject that leaves me completely cold, but this one and the other Castle mounted figure that Martin posted up are superb and a cut above the rest. I'd probably go for the bust version of this new release, and the "shying horse" full figure.

- Steve
  12. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Congratulations to Vladimir and Castle on a fantastic sculpt. This is the only Napoleon that I've seen that I would consider buying and I plan to get it.

There is no doubt that the recent Russian entrants to the figure world are producing wonderful figures, and when you see the painting of people like Kirill Kanaev it is just inspiring.

Every figure of this quality just makes the hobby better.
    Well done.
    Gerry
  13. Vladimir Danilov Active Member

Нello friends!
    Thank you for inspiring support !
    I dont't like banal sculptures . But now I've made a classic Napoleon . Many wanted it . It was a simple conversion...... And.... I wanted to make Wellington and Blucher horses _20191002_205233.JPG _20191002_204933.JPG _20191002_204445.JPG _20191002_204756.JPG _20191002_205037.JPG _20191002_154559.JPG _20191002_153610.JPG _20191002_153935.JPG
    Redcap likes this.
  14. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Exactly!
  15. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Now if that was released in 54-56 mm, it would be purchased.
    Billy Dickinson likes this.
  16. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I already have the first one, and this version is clearly just as magnificent - something we've come to expect from this world class sculptor.
    The artistic and production quality of Volodya's work is so good, and I've not seen its like since those wonderful days of Poste Militaire.

Mike
  17. Peapot Active Member

Scotland
  18. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    Hello Michael,
    Please contact the sculptor at vladimir_danilov@inbox.ru.
    You can order this figure from him directly.
    Regards,
    Alex
  19. Peapot Active Member

Scotland
  20. MrBMB A Fixture

This looks fantastic great pose and sculpt
    My only wish is could you do a Death Dealer as well in such a way ;) with a huge axe instead of hat :)