1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Completed Critique Napoleon Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edorta, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain

Attached Files:

• Nap1.jpg
      Nap1.jpg
      File size:
      146.9 KB
      Views:
    • Nap2.jpg
      Nap2.jpg
      File size:
      134.9 KB
      Views:
    • Nap3.jpg
      Nap3.jpg
      File size:
      126.7 KB
      Views:
    • Nap4.jpg
      Nap4.jpg
      File size:
      113.7 KB
      Views:
    • Nap5.jpg
      Nap5.jpg
      File size:
      121.6 KB
      Views:
    • Nap6.jpg
      Nap6.jpg
      File size:
      100.1 KB
      Views:
    • Nap7.jpg
      Nap7.jpg
      File size:
      129.2 KB
      Views:
    Christos, MalcC, Mike S. and 19 others like this.
  2. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Well done sir. Very smooth painting. I like how you used a sheer type of method to capture his hand print in under his waist coat. Nice effect.
  3. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Oh very well done. The shading and the flesh work on this is sublime. Excellent painting.
  4. bucsfan21 Active Member

United-States
    Edorta, Really like what you have done with this bust. Have admired it for a long time. You really put the time and attention into the details.

Would you give it a good review? Is it worth the hefty price tag?

Happy Holidays, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you very much Mike, Jazz and Terry. This bust is a commissioned work, so I wanted to know all your opinions. The figure is sculpted by Ebroin, and the cast is totally perfect and clean. I´m preparing some pics of the working progress to post them here soon.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  6. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    I love this bust, and you did all the justice it deserves! Great painting really ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  7. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    It is a fantastic miniature and you have treated it well, very nice paint job (y)
    I have it, but it is waiting to receive some paint :whistle: and I think it is worth the hefty price tag.
    But it would be nice with a review from someone who has painted it :hungry: So... what do you say Eduardo? ;)
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Obrigado, Pedro.(y)
    Thanks Brian, It is a bit late to make an open box review. As I said before, is perfectly casted, the figure is all clean, I just had a little sanding it some edge and ready to paint. The likeness to the character is very high, along with the bust of Guderian, I think this is the best bust I have had the opportunity to paint, so far.
    Soon I will post brief SBS.

9. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    excellent work congrats!
  10. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Good work, Eduardo! (y)
  11. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Eduardo. Beautiful painting. I like the face and his eyes the most.
    Some hard contrasts on the coat I think. But all in all. job well done.
    I did this bust a year ago and I enjoyed it very much.
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    this is a great bust , you have done some great work hear on a very difficult complexion re skin tones and also spot on with the green habit also the sash is splendid .

ron
  13. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you Mike, Diego, Yoshi, the high contrast is not so evident with the bust in hand, I probably have taken the photos too close.
    Thank you Ron. Tahnks to all for take a look.

14. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Eduardo. Have this in my GA and your painting has inspiring me to paint mine.

Marc
  16. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
  17. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
  18. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Outstanding work Eduardo! Love everything but special note for skin tones and hand under the coat.
    I'm sure that the customer will be very happy!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  19. Edorta A Fixture

Spain

Attached Files:

Aveleira likes this.
  20. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    The green of the coat, visible in the lapels is chasseur green. The collar is red and the overcoat is a basic grey, white and black, with come washes of oher and dark brown.
    About the medals the legion d´honneur with his red ribbon and the couronne de fer with aurore and green stripes. i had some doubts about the couronne itself because I have seen it in whitr metal and in golden metal too, but it seems that the one of the emperor was golden.
    The ordre de la legin d honneur was silver and made of embroideried silver fabric.

The cokcade is has the french republican white, red and blue but in a different order then the troop.

Attached Files: