1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Napoleon bust - finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    It's been a while since I've posted anything (sound familiar?) :)
    But I've managed to finish another piece. It's the Napoleon bust from David Grieve/Debra Raymond.
    Hoping this will help get me motivated and out of my slump.
    Wish me luck :)
    Craig

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, what a "slump" Craig. It looks like your slump might be over. Excellent painting mate. Really subtle shading and highlighting on the uniform. Excellent result.
  3. Mark S Guest

Ditto,Craig! As slumps go I could use one like that!!
    Excellent bust,beautiful result.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Craig. I just ended a 3 week break from painting and it feels good to be holding the brushes again.
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work here Craig! I really like the greens. I own this piece as well, I always thought, for me at least, it was one of the best portrait representations of Napoleon. Nice work.

Jay H.
    Okc
  6. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Very nice Craig. What did you use for your green mix?
    John
  7. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the kind words. This piece took me forever to complete (over a year since I first started it!) Almost every feature on it has been repainted at least once and many of them several times. Just couldn't get things right for some reason.
    Jay, while I agree about the likeness, I have to say that my wife giot it right...that's one ugly guy :)
    John, this was the mix I used for the green....
    I used Winsor Blue (Green Shade) and Cad. Yellow for a base color with more of each as needed for the shadows and highlights. After this dried, I mixed lighter and darker shades of the same for the shadows and highlights.
    Thanks again all,
    Craig
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Your work is very beautiful.
    I liked the fresh tone.
    I think a very impressive figure.

Mitsutaka