1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Napoleon at Battle of Marengo 1800?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Sturm Grenadier, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Everyone, Is there a figure/bust of Napoleon at the Battle of Marengo 1800? I would like to know, in particular, if there is one wearing this uniform; Napoléons-uniform-worn-at-the-Battle-of-Marengo-1800.jpeg I saw this painting and became interested in the uniform; Broc.jpg In this painting, Napoleon is presented the body of General Desaix, who was shot from his horse in the battle. A painting of Desaix; Louis_charles_desaix.jpg I was also wondering if there was ever a figure/bust of Napoleon as a General, as in this painting; Napoleon _ The Italian Campaigns_2.png This one shows a young, General Bonaparte, at the Bridge of Arcole 17 Nov. 1796. This painting is a great one for converting or sculpting. Thanks for any help you can give me on the Marengo Napoleon figure. Regards, SG
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Sturm Grenadier likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Also if you don't have them, I have detail and rear view photos of the Marengo uniform above. I also have an Osenat auction catalogue with colour shots of Napoleon's sword worn at Marengo if that helps. Let me know.

Colin
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Le Cimier did a 90mm figure of young Bonaparte in this uniform.

Keith
  5. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Colin, Thanks for posting the figure. That might be one to remember. I would like to do a figure of Napoleon at the Battle of Marengo in 1/24th or 1/16th scale. Looking for something close, or exact to the uniform in my post. I would be very interested in seeing your detail photos of the uniform and sword, thanks for offering. Hope you can post them here. Again, thanks for the help. Regards, SG:happy:
  6. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Keith, Thanks for the suggestion on the figure, I'll have to check that one out. Regards, SG:happy:
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Here are the uniform details. Sword to follow as I shall have to scan that one.

07-534549.jpg 10-541329.jpg 10-541330.jpg 10-541331.jpg 10-541332.jpg 10-541333.jpg 10-541334.jpg

Colin
  8. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Colin, Your photos show incredible, and unbelievable detail, on the intricate design of the pattern. Well, there goes my idea of trying to paint this design.:arghh: Without a doubt, this would be quite a feat for someone to even try and sculpt this pattern, but I know that it could be done by some of the very talented sculptors who post there work here at PF. I'll keep looking for figures with this design on the uniform though, it's a project that I find very interesting and challenging. Thanks Colin, your photos and help are greatly appreciated, Regards, SG:happy:
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
  10. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    This is an Illustration of the Le cimier figure in 90mm

Keith large_bonaparte.png
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Sale of Napoleon's Sword at Auction
    FONTAINEBLEAU, France — A gold-encrusted sword Napoleon wore into battle in Italy was sold on June 19th, 2007 for more than $6.4 million at an auction south of Paris, the auction house said.

The sword was owned by eight direct descendants of Napoleon, including Prince Victor Napoleon. Applause rang out in a packed auction hall across the street from one of Napoleon's imperial castles in Fontainebleau,a town southeast of Paris where the sword was sold.

[IMG]
    The last of Napoleon's swords in private hands, it had been expected to fetch more than $1.6 million, the Osenat auction house, managing the sale, said. The buyer was later identified as another descendant of Jerome.

Strong enough for battle, the sword is uncommonly ornate, with geometric designs in gold covering the hilt and most of the blade. The intricately decorated blade is 32 inches in length and curves gently— based on an inspiration Napoleon drew from his Egyptian campaign, auctioneer Jean- Pierre Osenat said. The sword was carried by Napoleon — who was not yet Emperor — into the battle of Marengo in June 1800, where he launched a surprise attack to push the Austrian army fromItaly and seal France's victory.

"It's at the same time a weapon of war and a very beautiful work of art. It symbolizes more than anything else the power, the force and the incontestable strength of the Emperor Napoleon," Osenat said as he handled the sword. He wore white gloves to protect its steel and gold surfaces.

The sword was declared a national treasure in 1978, meaning that under French law it could be sold to a foreign buyer but had to remain in France for at least five months per year.
  13. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Keith, I finally found the Le Cimier figure you suggested. I like it, and the pose is good. bonaparte.jpg This one I'll keep in mind. Thanks Keith for all your help. Regards, (Rick) SG:happy:
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    SG - I think the Le Cimier is out of production so you will need to resort to eBay or the classifieds here. Good luck.

Colin
  15. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Colin, Just finished viewing your Marshal Ney thread. The painting, and your patience, have made this piece a true work of art. Your tips, and color mixes, will come in handy when I try to attempt painting something so finely detailed as this pattern. After seeing the Verlinden figure, I remembered it. VER1265.jpg This figure is very under-rated, a friend of mine painted it, and it was a very stunning piece, looking nothing like the boxart. Thanks for the photo and information on the sword. I would love to see all the detail on the blade, what a treasure for the owner. At the moment of writing this, I'll probably try to gather up some parts for a possible conversion of Napoleon at Marengo. I do like the Pegaso figure you suggested. The pose is close to what I have in mind 54-149_2.jpg 54-149_1.jpg This is an excellent figure, and plan to purchase it. Might look good with some desert vegetation as a backdrop. Thank you very much Colin, for your postings and suggestions. Regards, (Rick) SG
    crf likes this.
  16. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Don't know
    But here the recipe :happy:

[IMG]

Temps de préparation : 10 minutes
    Temps de cuisson : 60 minutes
    Ingrédients (pour 6 personnes) : - 1,2 kg de viande de veau
    - 75 g de beurre
    - 4 échalotes
    - 2 carottes